Mom is in the hospital.

Silentpoet

Thursday night mom had a medical emergency and ended up in the ER.  I spent the night with her as they were awaiting a bed at the heart hospital.  By the time I finally got home I had been up about 24 hours or more. So it was a long day.  Currently mom is in the Heart Hospital in Little Rock and we can't say enough good things about the care she is getting.  She is dealing with afib and congestive heart failure.  But because of some of the treatments they cannot do the heart catheter until tomorrow.  Her heart enzymes are still a bit elevated.  But her cardiologist does not think it is a heart attack.  But he is not sure which came first, the Afib or the CHF.  We won't really know what the treatment options are until they run those tests.  If she makes her birthday in June she will be 80.

I am just really stressed out and doing a lot of stress eating.  Trying to get some stuff done around the house today because I am going to Little Rock tomorrow. My sister and niece have been with mom down there, but my brother-in-law is going down to pick the niece today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

I lost my mom when I was 12 years old, I loved her dearly as I believe you do your mom.  I know how much a mother means to her children.  To this day I regret not realizing what I was losing and not hugging and kissing her good bye.  My  heart goes out to you and your worry for her well being.

This is unrelated.  My friend at work came in one day and said his brother was taken into the hospital for congestive heart failure and the outlook was grim.  later in the week the family was told to expect unwelcome news.  Friday he said his brother was feeling better, and Sunday the brother went home.  By the end of the next week the brother was declared to be well and good.  Amazing things do happen.  My prayers are that they happen to you.  This is a true story...........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No heart catheter today. One more day. At least mom seems to be doing better today. 
the doctor seems to think that a pacemaker will take care of her issues. So they will probably do the heart catheter and then follow up right after with putting in the pacemaker.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1