TATTOOS (How do you feel about them)

DAKA

Being an Old Crotchety guy I just don't "get it" 

OK, a small tat somewhere  can sort of understand, but for woman..especially a young pretty girl....have you thought this through....

Tattoo's on your face and neck

How will you feel about this years later....ITS PERMANENT INK

Kinda' limits your LIFE  DON'T YOU ""THINK"".......i guess not

• Like 2

I believe that everyone should be free to modify their appearance however they please, providing they don't harm anyone else. I also believe that other people should be free to judge you based on their interpretation of those modifications. And yeah, that includes hiring decisions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't have any.

Which still surprises me,  after riding Harleys for 30 years.

I saw a lot of guys (and gals) get drunk and get really shitty tattoos during "runs", from some guy in a tent that they've never seen before and will never see again.

• Like 1

I'm not into them. My daughter has a few. She's 21, so not much I can do about. I will not pay for them. I told her I'm fine with them but she should only go to a professional and review their past "work".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People have been mutilating their bodies for attention for thousands of years.  I always crack up anytime I see a documentary of Mara Salvatrucha and you see all the guys that have their entire faces tatted up.  :crazy:

• Like 1

Not my thing.

I think it’s sad when young kids get them in very visible places. Many will regret it later. It used to be the thing for the rugged individual types. Bikers, sailors, inmates. Now everyone has them. The tough factor went out the window when a teenager can go get a butterfly on her ankle from a kiosk at the mall. 

And the cute hummingbird on her breast at 18 will look like a pterodactyl at 50. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I don’t have any. I appreciate vividly colored, well done tattoos on others. What I have never understood is why people get tattoos where they can’t be seen and enjoyed by the tattooed.

I haven’t ruled out the possibility for myself, but I hate pain, so I doubt I’ll ever get one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DAKA said:

OK, a small tat somewhere  can sort of understand, but for woman..especially a young pretty girl....have you thought this through....

Waitress at Denny's showed up one day on her day off in a track suit and crop top.  She was the most beautiful thing I have seen in ages.  Gorgeous little thing!

Her mother works there too.  I asked her mother why she isn't a model?  She said she has body tattoos and no one would consider her.

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Waitress at Denny's showed up one day on her day off in a track suit and crop top.  She was the most beautiful thing I have seen in ages.  Gorgeous little thing!

Her mother works there too.  I asked her mother why she isn't a model?  She said she has body tattoos and no one would consider her.

That reminds me!  Does anyone else get annoyed when shopping for clothes online from Amazon or somewhere like that and the models have tons of tats?  I'm not even exaggerating when I say I have not bought pairs of shorts that I wanted to buy because I thought they looked cool/good all because the model had tats all over their legs.  

I'm all for freedom to do what you want with your body, but I would NEVER hire someone to work for me if they were covered in tats or piercings.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, janice6 said:

It’s a nightmare finding clean models. Clients usually don’t want ink in their campaign. A lot of models have cut their career short by getting inked after a couple good jobs thinking it was the in thing to do. It’s one of the reasons I got out of commercial photography. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I like my husband's, but I don't have any.  I've seen a few that were gorgeous art, and thousands that were no better than the Sunday comics.  A few decades back, I  used to draw something I thought I'd like as a tattoo, put it away for a year or two and then get it out again... and I never wanted it as a tattoo at that point, so no tattoos. Even if I could find something I liked long-term,) they don't age well, getting blurry over time, and 2) I'd want it someplace I could see it so it isn't upside down to me... without being upside down to everyone else 'cause that just looks silly.  That seriously eliminates nearly everywhere, or requires a design that doesn't have a specific orientation, or which is mirror imaged top to bottom.  Eventually, this requires too much thought and energy, and I just go work on a quilt instead...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have no tattoos and at my age and stage that isn’t likely to change. If I did change my mind it would be for…

A friend, who worked at the LGS where I shop, lost her oldest son in a car wreck. She had his signature replicated on her left arm near where one checks for pulse. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Have no tattoos and at my age and stage that isn’t likely to change. If I did change my mind it would be for…

A friend, who worked at the LGS where I shop, lost her oldest son in a car wreck. She had his signature replicated on her left arm near where one checks for pulse. 

OK one small tattoo

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

It’s a nightmare finding clean models. Clients usually don’t want ink in their campaign. A lot of models have cut their career short by getting inked after a couple good jobs thinking it was the in thing to do. It’s one of the reasons I got out of commercial photography. 

It's all airbrush now.

You could put Pelosi on the swimsuit issue cover.

• Haha 2

I got full sleeves that cost me a small fortune and I love them all. Get many compliments on them all the time. If you don’t like them that’s your business and fine by me just don’t judge me in mine. I kinda look at people that judge or think people with tattoos are criminals or junkies or wanna be tough guys as judge mental snobs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hook said:

I got full sleeves that cost me a small fortune and I love them all. Get many compliments on them all the time. If you don’t like them that’s your business and fine by me just don’t judge me in mine. I kinda look at people that judge or think people with tattoos are criminals or junkies or wanna be tough guys as judge mental snobs. 

Double standard....that's just the way it is....for guys, I don't feel "" the same,,

Unfortunately lately the "people" you see all tatted up are usually gang members 

Besides you have your mishegoss...others have theirs (me)

22 hours ago, DAKA said:

I used to work with a guy that had lots of tattoos on his arms. You would never know it though because he always wore long sleeve shirts to hide them.

Like you said. Think it through before you get yourself all inked up.

As for me, I have none, but will not criticize someone else for getting them. In fact, some of them are quite amazing. I just do not want one myself.

I have enough scars to make up for no tattoos.  But I feel if you want them go for it.  I always wonder when I see a female with a tattoo that disappears from sight  "Where does it stop"....  

I have seen some on people that got them when young and when gravity attacks, not a pretty sight.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2