TATTOOS (How do you feel about them)

DAKA

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:

It's just one of those things that you must consider for it's effect over your whole lifetime.  If you are convinced it's for you, then do it.  Decisions of the past are the regrets we have when we are facing our final demise.

One day long past, I saw the most beautiful woman in a store.  She had a fantastic floral tattoo covering her back.  It just emphasized her beauty for me.  Some I abhor.

It you sincerely believe it's for you for your whole life, then do it.  But, "Don't cry over spilt milk" later.

I can see getting a tattoo for myself.  It's just that I can't think of something I'm so overwhelmed by that I need a constant reminder of it.  These things do exist.  I haven't found mine yet.

My oldest daughter is a lover of her dogs, they are children to her and she lives with them.  She has tattoos of the two she misses the most.  I can't fault her since our whole family consists of dog lovers, the rest of us came to peace with our losses, she took them more seriously.

My wife has a small ankle tattoo.  It's a picture of her father's "resume".  He was a granite carver and he had a small granite piece which he carved a flower into to show the results of many years of skill and experience.  He would show this granite flower each time he changed jobs so the new employer could know what he was capable of.  We now have that granite flower displayed on our living room wall.  It is a true piece of art in every sense.

I don't have any problems with her memorial for her father.  

If I ever decided to get a tattoo, it would be for the song "Snow Bird".  This song put into words my mother's life and her final demise.  I loved her dearly and would do this for her - If I ever decided to get a tattoo.  Not for now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i Got them, Don`t Regret them and will get more.

i have had a plan for years to have my entire back done, but it is really, really Expensive.

We all get the Tattoos we Deserve.

This is so true.  Some are visible, some are in our heads forever and are not outwardly apparent.

• Like 3

I think tattoos have become somewhat more socially acceptable over the years. For example, take my profession:

When I was first hired almost 20 years ago, no visible tattoos were allowed in uniform whatsoever. Today, it is acceptable to have an officer with full sleeves visible, just no face tattoos. BIG cultural changes over the years.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I think tattoos have become somewhat more socially acceptable over the years. For example, take my profession:

When I was first hired almost 20 years ago, no visible tattoos were allowed in uniform whatsoever. Today, it is acceptable to have an officer with full sleeves visible, just no face tattoos. BIG cultural changes over the years.

They are getting desperate.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

They are getting desperate.

I would suggest you are half correct. Yes, the police are desperate for manpower. However, I know genuinely good officers with tattoos.

Did I mention I'm allowed to have a beard for the first time in uniform in almost 20 years?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

It's all airbrush now.

You could put Pelosi on the swimsuit issue cover.

Clients are cheap. Airbrush artists and photoshop is expensive and time consuming. Images that take little or no work are inexpensive. People think of models only doing fashion and product shots. Corporate and industrial work is huge.

They might have a single model in 5-7 images in a corporate publication. Multiply that by 5-6 models. That’s a lot of images to brush or shop for a publication that might have a lifetime of only a few months. Photographers doing this work don’t want a model with ink to deal with. It prices them out of the market. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Well, as far as employment goes I think a lot has to do with the advent of so many people now able to work from home and sustain a living.  And I'm not just talking about the scamdemic quarantine nonsense, I'm talking about much earlier than that when people realized they can monetize and make money off their content on Twitch or YouTube.  I mean in a case like that, you are your own boss and can literally "work" in just your boxers and not even bother to shower and don't have to worry about how many tats you got.  

As far as the social norm goes, gotta blame the trannys for that.  You can literally take someone with the most ridiculous looking tats all over their body and they still wont look as goofy as a tranny.  Hell, there was a time not too long ago when we thought Mike Tyson's face tat looked stupid.  Now it looks pretty damn good compared to the other goofy **** we see people with.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Maser said:

Well, as far as employment goes I think a lot has to do with the advent of so many people now able to work from home and sustain a living.  And I'm not just talking about the scamdemic quarantine nonsense, I'm talking about much earlier than that when people realized they can monetize and make money off their content on Twitch or YouTube.  I mean in a case like that, you are your own boss and can literally "work" in just your boxers and not even bother to shower and don't have to worry about how many tats you got.  

As far as the social norm goes, gotta blame the trannys for that.  You can literally take someone with the most ridiculous looking tats all over their body and they still woke look as goofy as a tranny.  Hell, there was a time not too long ago when we thought Mike Tyson's face tat looked stupid.  Now it looks pretty damn good compared to the other goofy **** we see people with.  

As a side note, after all these years, Mike Tyson still looks stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i Got them, Don`t Regret them and will get more.

i have had a plan for years to have my entire back done, but it is really, really Expensive.

We all get the Tattoos we Deserve.

Serious question, why do you get tattoos where you can not admire them?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I would suggest you are half correct. Yes, the police are desperate for manpower. However, I know genuinely good officers with tattoos.

It's a little bit funny. I'm old enough to remember a time when "only sailors (and pirates, and Marines, and roustabouts) had tattoos". Thinking back about those days every tattooed guy I knew  back then was as decent as the average Joe. Same for every tattooed person I know today. Of course, I knew no tattooed ladies. Nowdays, though, it's seen as nothing more than a fashion statement, and younger people expect (demand) not only for others to accept their choice, but to publicly respect and celebrate it. And that's what bothers me. People will form opinions based on what you do. It's human nature. Unfortunately, liberals like to use coercion to manipulate human nature...  

• Thanks 1

I withhold judgment on anyone with tattoos unless they are face tattoos.  you have face tattoos, you are either crazy or stupid, but in both cases you are unemployable.  Except that comic with the face tattoos, and he's self-employed, and not on the dole, so I'm good with him. 

If people want them, that's their business.  I'm not a fan.  As a kid, I remember seeing some of the tattoos that my dad's friends had gotten in the military and was kind of shocked to see that they had stretched or faded and had a fuzzy appearance (as if the ink ran).  Nowadays, I marvel at the pudgy middle aged mom in the market trying to play off the cool 'tats' that she got when she was younger, by wearing clothes that are totally age inappropriate. 

All the tear drops on the face and spiderwebs on the elbows strike me as something that is going to give someone a juvenile appearance for the rest of their lives.  Attempts to look tough with tattoos in someone's youth kind of strike me as making someone look like a want to be pirate in their golden years. 

• Like 1