Signs Of Spring?

FullClip

First it was the ice going out of the lake a month early, but that was helped by a lot of rain and it never really getting more than a foot thick (1/2 the normal thickness).

Now, just today my Bleeding Heart flowers are peeking up through the dirt.  My little sister planted them about 38 years ago. They have gone multiple years with no care while I worked away from home.  Nice sign that spring is on the way although we won't get above 40 degrees for the next several days.  The little pink bits in the pic.

Is spring coming early for you folks living in The Frost Belt??

20240318_140048.thumb.jpg.7bb209a788b2692d78cffef4642abb19.jpg

• Like 11

Hell no I still got two feet of snow in my yard. I’m gonna beat that stupid gopher Phil if I’m ever in Philadelphia. Supposed to get in the upper 30’s in a few days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

And my water is getting warmer. The water tank that feeds our neighborhood is just up the street at a city park. It gets down to almost freezing in winter so our drinking water is super cold all winter. It is back to just cool now. It will be lukewarm soon. I love how cold it is in winter. 

• Like 8

It was 69 and sunny today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same so tomorrow I'm going to wash my Jeep! and I love it that it's daylight savings time and wish that it would stay that way all year around and never "Fall Back" ever again.

Also, about 5-6 days ago I  got a jury summons in the mail and today I decided I had better respond to it because if you don't they will issue a warrant for your arrest, and then I couldn't find the damn thing and I looked everywhere so I went to their website and they wanted me to enter My Jury Number. But how could I enter my jury number if I lost the notice with the jury number on it ???

So there was phone number and when I called it it said that all lines were usually busy all day Monday busy and to callback Tuesday but then I found an Email for them and told them I lot my summons and that I needed a hardship waiver for health reasons and that the VA would back me up if necessary and that was true.

But actually I would have liked to serve on a jury but it would be a FINANCIAL hardship because of the F'ing stinking Biden economy and there's no way I could afford to drive 30 miles and back to the county seat every day with gas creeping up to more than $4 bucks a gallon again, and with me living on a fixed income, and now I can't afford to drive anywhere anymore.:angryfire: So I waited all day to hear back from them and finally at about 4:30 they emailed back and told me they had located my summons and had my records and had given me a hardship waiver.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Hook said:

Hell no I still got two feet of snow in my yard. I’m gonna beat that stupid gopher Phil if I’m ever in Philadelphia.

No one ASKS for groundhog stew.

But it'll keep you alive.

If you keep it's head on a pike,  it'll deter all the coming weather.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Borg warner said:

It was 69 and sunny today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same so tomorrow I'm going to wash my Jeep! and I love it that it's daylight savings time and wish that it would stay that way all year around and never "Fall Back" ever again.

Also, about 5-6 days ago I  got a jury summons in the mail and today I decided I had better respond to it because if you don't they will issue a warrant for your arrest, and then I couldn't find the damn thing and I looked everywhere so I went to their website and they wanted me to enter My Jury Number. But how could I enter my jury number if I lost the notice with the jury number on it ???

So there was phone number and when I called it it said that all lines were usually busy all day Monday busy and to callback Tuesday but then I found an Email for them and told them I lot my summons and that I needed a hardship waiver for health reasons and that the VA would back me up if necessary and that was true.

But actually I would have liked to serve on a jury but it would be a FINANCIAL hardship because of the F'ing stinking Biden economy and there's no way I could afford to drive 30 miles and back to the county seat every day with gas creeping up to more than $4 bucks a gallon again, and with me living on a fixed income, and now I can't afford to drive anywhere anymore.:angryfire: So I waited all day to hear back from them and finally at about 4:30 they emailed back and told me they had located my summons and had my records and had given me a hardship waiver.

If you're 70 or over you don't have to serve here.  I got out one last year, but  I've  served on three in the past, but now I don't want  nothing to do with the morons that are in the jury pool.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DAKA said:

SPRING BREAK on Ft Lauderdale Beach !

No pix..You old guys would have a heart attack   O M G

Do you know what condoms cost when I was a kid?

Me neither.  We never used them.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Administrators

Most of my experience with springs has been when disassembling guns. I'll hear a twang, something will bounce off one of my eyeballs and then I'll spend the next few hours trying to find that damned spring. Autumn never pulls that kind of crap on me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Trees are popping. Peach trees are bloomed, and foliage is near full plume. I have hollow blueberries on the bushes. It's early, they usually are closer to May coming out. Mesquite trees are leafing the last few days. The sign that spring has spung here, but spring doesn't mean no frost. No wild flowers yet though. Still the chance of another frost or freeze, but people won't believe it. They act like they never heard of frost hardy.

It was a very warm last third of winter here. People are going nuts to get gardens in, especially all the new imports. A lot of folks lost plants, and gardens last night in the area. 

• Like 2

Well...so much for that Spring deal....snowing now and supposed to get 4 to 6 inches overnight.  Glad I didn't get carried away and put the boat in the water or the snow shovels in the shed.   Will put the plow on the truck again this afternoon.

20240320_085349.thumb.jpg.1ac583296f0e94a851e20f26aaec7514.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Valmet said:

Daffodils are starting to stretch in my yard…and the Masters is only a few weeks away  🌼 

Daffodils are in full bloom here.  Too bad we're heading into a week of highs in the low 40s, and lows in the 20s.  Mother Nature is drunk again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

All my perennials have bloomed already by the side of the house, and now we have a 1-3 inch snow forecast for Friday and freezing nights for a bit.  Oh well.

Time to bet on orange juice futures.

Capture.PNG

• Haha 3