CCW Badges

Eric

• Administrators

I was at a Chipotles restaurant eating dinner earlier and a guy walked in wearing khaki pants, a tucked in polo shirt and a black nylon duty belt, complete with a compact Glock, handcuff case, spare mags in a case and a flashlight. I assumed he was some sort of LEO. After he ordered, he stood near me, facing my direction. Near enough that I could see a badge clipped to his belt. I looked closely and saw that it was a ******* CCW badge. I am all for people exercising their rights, God knows, but it is hard to take someone seriously, when the nimrod is standing there with a loaded-out duty belt and a CCW badge clipped to it. In my opinion, that is someone I am going to watch very closely.

As I was finishing up, an actual LEO (One in a cop car, wearing a uniform) walked in and ordered. As I was leaving, I saw him watching the CCW ranger pretty hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On a second note and as I have voiced a couple times, I'd love to see a "government" that consist of a Sheriff and a bunch of civilian deputies for each town.

I'd trust that MUCH more than the extreme left wing BS from the current "administration".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm pretty sure local law enforcement are considered civilians in the sense that they aren't members of the military. I guess it depends on how how you define civilians.

And, I NEVER display my badge when I'm off duty. I never wear t-shirts that say police on them.  I don't need the unwanted attention that comes from random people when they see a badge. I don't know why anyone would want that. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I was at a Chipotles restaurant eating dinner earlier and a guy walked in wearing khaki pants, a tucked in polo shirt and a black nylon duty belt, complete with a compact Glock, handcuff case, spare mags in a case and a flashlight. I assumed he was some sort of LEO. After he ordered, he stood near me, facing my direction. Near enough that I could see a badge clipped to his belt. I looked closely and saw that it was a ******* CCW badge. I am all for people exercising their rights, God knows, but it is hard to take someone seriously, when the nimrod is standing there with a loaded-out duty belt and a CCW badge clipped to it. In my opinion, that is someone I am going to watch very closely.

As I was finishing up, an actual LEO (One in a cop car, wearing a uniform) walked in and ordered. As I was leaving, I saw him watching the CCW ranger pretty hard.

Wannabes want the respect without the commitment.  They are aholes.

I see ads for those badges.  They are trash if you didn't have to perform some personal commitments to earn them, and not just buy them.  Pee on 'em.

35 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I'm pretty sure local law enforcement are considered civilians in the sense that they aren't members of the military. I guess it depends on how how you define civilians.

And, I NEVER display my badge when I'm off duty. I never wear t-shirts that say police on them.  I don't need the unwanted attention that comes from random people when they see a badge. I don't know why anyone would want that. 

I no longer have any T-shirts related to guns or shooting. Nor gimme caps. Nor stickers on cars or doors or windows. Don’t want to signal a potential bad guy to shoot me first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eric said:

1 hour ago, Eric said:

CCW, means exactly that.  carrying a concealed weapon (CCW ) 

I'm not a real fan of Open carry, which is what you actually described.  To me, that's arrogant, and un-necessary.  I don't WANT anyone to know.  If you do...Well...there ya go...

• Like 4

Chipotle's gun policy:

“We are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel”

Maybe that's why an actual LEO (One in a cop car, wearing a uniform) walked in and ordered. As I was leaving, I saw him watching the CCW ranger pretty hard.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/businesses-that-prohibit-guns-or-have-no-gun-policies/

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Duluth said:

Chipotle's gun policy:

“We are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel”

Maybe that's why an actual LEO (One in a cop car, wearing a uniform) walked in and ordered. As I was leaving, I saw him watching the CCW ranger pretty hard.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/businesses-that-prohibit-guns-or-have-no-gun-policies/

The store I was in wasn’t posted. They can post crap like that on their website, but unless their stores are properly posted, it is meaningless. If they do post, I’ll find somewhere else to get my brown rice, pinto beans, steak and guacamole bowls, but I’ll miss their guacamole.

• Like 2

I think it's a great idea for folks who want to wear such a badge to wear it prominently. That way I know to stay well away from them. We can't be sure how accurately such people can shoot, but it's safe to assume that any bad guys who shoot at them will be sprayers. 

• Like 1

Only guy with a CCW badge I knew was an academy washout and fired from an unarmed security job. He got over it a few years later and seemed to move on with his life.

Then there was an old guy who carried one I ran into on a call, he showed it to me and said he was "Letting you know I've got your back." I just turned and walked away, just isn't anything to say to that.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I no longer have any T-shirts related to guns or shooting. Nor gimme caps. Nor stickers on cars or doors or windows. Don’t want to signal a potential bad guy to shoot me first. 

I carry a gun.  I am proficient with a gun.  I am not, a cop/skilled fighter/or more impressed with my gun than my common sense.

I do not see my self as someone's saviour, just as a last resort.

Displaying anything that looks agressive or antagonistic is not my style.  My only advantage in a life threatening situation is that I'm old, dressed in a T shirt and Jeans, but confident.

My ONLY advantage is my transparency to many.  My secret power is that I can conceal a G-41 good enough that no one has ever mentioned it, even the time I inadvertently went into the courthouse and visited the Sheriff's office with some documents the wife forgot.

My concealed firearm is my advantage, not a solution to all problems.  I never tell people I carry, I always tell people that know I carry to keep their mouths shut!

Concealed means just that, alertness is the second virtue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I am impressed that the bank I do business with has not posted against guns in their facility.  :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

When I went to my first Firearms class 23 years ago, We were told right up front, a BANK is most certainly a place you can carry a concealed weapon if you have a CCW.  That was the first place  a new guy to firearms said you couldn't carry a gun.  Aside from Anything "Federal" or State, I'm like Crockett.  I don't even look for signs, or care about em.  I'm very well concealed so I don't worry at all.

• Thanks 2