I REALLY hate drama queens.

Batesmotel

So my son got married last year when things were all locked down. We are finally having a reception tonight. This should be easy. Food is catered. The venue did most of the set up. Simple. Right?  

Oh hell no. The drama queens on her side of the family have to **** everything up. 

Someone is freaking out because the chairs have two different patterns in the cloth. And there is no way to have even numbers of rack at every table. WE NEED NEW CHAIRS NOW!

Another problem is #1 the bride is not wearing her wedding dress. It is just being displaced on a dressmakers form that I purchased. Problem #2 is that the form is over an inch taller at the shoulder than the bride. And it can’t be lowered. THE HORROR!

Another one is that the cakes (1 small wedding cake and 3 sheet cakes) isn’t centered under the window. CAN’T WE MOVE THE WINDOW????

What the hell is wrong with people?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Regarding the cake, get rid of a couple of tables and you can then center it under the lower windows. Move the two other tables way off to the side, to make a nice, clean partition.

Regarding the top three windows....cover them in duct tape.

As to the dress, you can always cut the sleeves. No need to thank me.

I'm sure everyone will be pleased then.

?

Best of luck to you and your son...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tell the bride to wear heels and tell the heels their asses can't tell the difference in chair color. 

Throw the cake in the dumpster and then it won't be uncentered.

Yeah, my family doesn't make drama around me, they like it better when I don't fix things.;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Batesmotel said:

It is a luxury retirement center where her grandmother lives. And I mean luxury. Everything here is comfortable. 

I loved visiting my great-grandmother in her luxury retirement center. She paid good money to live there, but we could eat with her anytime, the ice cream machine was always full, and the chairs were plush!

Her apartment was trimmed out in real hardwood and she looked out on the lake and fountains. 

Her motto was to spend it before her kids got it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

So my son got married last year when things were all locked down. We are finally having a reception tonight. This should be easy. Food is catered. The venue did most of the set up. Simple. Right?  

Oh hell no. The drama queens on her side of the family have to **** everything up. 

Someone is freaking out because the chairs have two different patterns in the cloth. And there is no way to have even numbers of rack at every table. WE NEED NEW CHAIRS NOW!

Another problem is #1 the bride is not wearing her wedding dress. It is just being displaced on a dressmakers form that I purchased. Problem #2 is that the form is over an inch taller at the shoulder than the bride. And it can’t be lowered. THE HORROR!

Another one is that the cakes (1 small wedding cake and 3 sheet cakes) isn’t centered under the window. CAN’T WE MOVE THE WINDOW????

What the hell is wrong with people?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I believe you did an admirable job.

I found that you can't please everybody.  My immediate family's attitude about this is "pee on them".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I once, with a semi-similiar experience,  managed to always be around at the right moment and volunteered to fetch the group's drinks, all night long.

Each time,  I told the bartender to "Bump it up a notch."  He knew what I was doing, and readily complied.

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Things went very good. By the time we got back a few people got a serious dressing down from Grandpa. They didn’t cause a fuss after that. 

Its about two people who pledged their love and lives before God.

The only drama should be cheering them on in love and faith.

Glad it went well.  :)

I married my bride 19 years ago.  I still wonder how she picked me. 

Here's to a million happy years for them both.

• Like 4

I dont give a **** what color the chairs are or the tables clothes or curtains or napkins. If i was one of your friends and you invited me all i would be concerned about is your son is happy and his wedding was great. I would eat and enjoy being with friends celebrating their special day. Thats all that matters. Congratulation's to your son.  

• Like 3