Where Were You In 1990?

Eric

• Administrators

The short answer is that you were right here.

430205049_7308983649188687_6932950189253496170_n.jpg

Me, I was living in Wallace, Idaho, way up in the mountains of the panhandle. If you squint real hard at the pic above, you can just make me out. I am the one mooning Voyager, as it left our solar system. My posterior was thus immortalized for posterity. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was hitting up many Atomic energy sites looking for new business for my company.  I loved traveling for work.  I didn't have to go into work.

I was actively looking for a place to live when I retired.  Often took my wife along.  She had the best time of her life in places she would never see again,  I was also on a MIL-STD SAE Committee and they all treated my wife well when we were at conference sites.

When i dated my wife she hadn't been out of her home town.  When we go married she went out of state for her first time.  When I traveled for business or committee meetings, she saw the United States.  It was wonderful for her.

5 years from my retirement.

• Like 7

Living the dream in a place called the armpit of the Metroplex.  That afforded us a lot of leeway in making the city safe.  I was a wookie that year and besides being valedictorian in a class of 52, I was later recruit officer of the year.  Ah, good times.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

Living the dream in a place called the armpit of the Metroplex.  That afforded us a lot of leeway in making the city safe.  I was a wookie that year and besides being valedictorian in a class of 52, I was later recruit officer of the year.  Ah, good times.

Did you get to tear the arms off bad guys? :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Did you get to tear the arms off bad guys? :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Nah but I did fight a one armed man into cuffs.  We hog tied folks into the back of a squad.  We used the VNR to quiet chaotic suspects.  I slammed a guy into a metal thrash container.  We broke a guy's leg.  Heck I used my baton on a guy in a diabetic shock.  All without body cams and tasers.  That was a better time.  Now?  Wouldn't even consider the job.  God bless today's patrol officers.

• Like 8