National Geographic Says 4th of July Fireworks Are Racist Because Smoke Disproportionately Affects Black People

pipedreams

I used to like National Geographic years ago.............................how dumb!

"National Geographic posted an unhinged and unscientific tweet on Independence Day saying fireworks are racist because they affect communities of color.

What complete BS.

This is what can be described as “scientism” and NOT “science.”
There is absolutely no proof to support this theory.

In fact, in cities like St. Louis and New York City, minorities shoot off guns on New Year’s Eve and the 4th of July. This is much more dangerous than sniffing fireworks smoke for a night."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07/national-geographic-says-4th-july-fireworks-racist-smoke-disproportionately-affects-black-people/

Edited by pipedreams
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, crockett said:

Written by MADELEINE STONE.

9CJujVYe_400x400.jpg

Madeleine STOWE, still a fine lookin' woman despite her collagen dependency issues, ought to whip that little feller's ass for appropriating her name. :( 

National Geographic's got no bidness telling other people anything, considering they made their fortune selling tit shots of native wimmen with no attribution or compensation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Madeleine STOWE, still a fine lookin' woman despite her collagen dependency issues, ought to whip that little feller's ass for appropriating her name. :( 

National Geographic's got no bidness telling other people anything, considering they made their fortune selling tit shots of native wimmen with no attribution or compensation. 

DS3mSd_XUAAufAJ.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Historian said:

After receiving National Geographic magazine for most of my life...I did not renew about two years ago when they presented me a cover with a child in transition.

That magazine is no longer interested in truth.

What is “in transition” in this context?

To date there is no way to change a person’s chromosomes from XY to XX. Or the reverse.

Chemicals and hormones and surgery can change the appearance of one’s secondary sexual characteristics.

A testicle cannot be relocated and converted to an ovary. Or the reverse. 

It is all about changing the costume. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pipedreams said:

I used to like National Geographic years ago.............................how dumb!

"National Geographic posted an unhinged and unscientific tweet on Independence Day saying fireworks are racist because they affect communities of color.

What complete BS.

This is what can be described as “scientism” and NOT “science.”
There is absolutely no proof to support this theory.

In fact, in cities like St. Louis and New York City, minorities shoot off guns on New Year’s Eve and the 4th of July. This is much more dangerous than sniffing fireworks smoke for a night."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07/national-geographic-says-4th-july-fireworks-racist-smoke-disproportionately-affects-black-people/

Light is racist since it is more apt to be absorbed by Black people than White!

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Are they so damn dumb they cannot stand upwind of the fireworks?

Zactly! It's another example of NatGeo's paternalistic attitude toward their pets. Since their founding they've seen "the natives" as curiosities to bolster their superiority. 

Newsflash! Black folks like fireworks, too, and are perfectly capable of enjoying them safely and of moving out of "smoky areas" if need be. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

It is all about changing the costume. 

Right.  And when NatGeo starts publishing this...i left...that and how many freakin editions do  i get regarding ancient Egypt?

The magazine isn't what it was.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:12 AM, gwalchmai said:

They helped us appreciate the need for brassieres. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2