We are in January thaw here - it’s gotten above freezing 3 days in a row so everything is a muddy slush pile.  The kid is cleaning chicken coops and I’m about to clean rabbit cages (always easier when urine hasn’t frozen poop to the trays).  I’d rather be doing this than working in -25F. 😬 Cooooold.  It’s actually 39 here and I don’t need a jacket.

• Like 4

Our false Spring was this week. Thursday and Friday were cloudy but 72 and just a little humid, then 79. I had the thought to head to a hometown secluded beach to plop my butt in the sand with a cooler of margaritas. Then came the work emails scheduling zoom meetings with senior vice presidents at the one time of day that would prevent me from making it anywhere and back had I tried leaving the house. And of course it was the most worthless zoom ever. To make it even worse the big boss said I've got to cut it short, I have an appointment. 

I just looked at the weather and the next ten days are back to cold or subfreezing. Hope can be so disappointing sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

22 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

We are on our “January Thaw”. Nice and warm for winter. But winter will hit with a vengeance again in February and everyone will have forgotten how to drive on snow. 

We get what is called the "Pineapple Express" every winter where warm weather blows in from the Pacific and melts everything.

• Like 1

Cold, that cold and that long, accumulates. It chips away at you and all material things.

Our winter has been uneventful and easily above normal every day.

But, the mud is attacking. We don't even have a driveway any more.
  • Like 1

My basement door's screen door handle is still all smashed in and broke from last year, from when I had to side-kick it, because it was too thick froze-over.

Waay to cold to just stand there with an armload of stuff.... so.... "waaataaa!!"
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Big minus degrees once in Korea, artic jet stream decided to crap on us, colder than 2 F's.

We were in the field, it was so cold vehicles said to hell with it!

BIL and I had a car to work on one morning it was -35 F.  We had to remove damaged sheet metal to get it winched into the garage.  Everything spot welded to the fenders and front end broke the welds trying to loosen the body bolts.  

It really is felt by metal when it's that cold.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1