Saint Patrick's Day Celebration??

FullClip

image.jpeg.e54a82e3dcb9a0d9e15f68c9da3eb0e3.jpegThis is a prelim design. I split the log down the middle with a chainsaw and carved a two-inch channel down the middle of each side. Then I stuck 'em tother with flat brackets and added a two-inch connecting channel across the bottom. This created a furnace and chimney which caught fire in about half an hour of cedar kindling. Nice flame. I put an aluminum square bracket over the hole for a pot stand and tried to move it after a while with my tongs. The bracket crumbled and melted. By the time I took this it was going well and would burn one of those rainslick branches in about a minute. :greensupergrin:

Next up I'm gonna create the chimney with bore cuts. That should make a better seal and more jet. ;)

• Like 3

You could say we celebrated today, chasing a half dozen different snakes off our hiking trail this afternoon.  They were all sunning themselves.  We were channeling St Patrick.  

I'm spending the real St Paddy's Day with my youngest, attending our annual Rifle Instructors Boot Camp all weekend. As soon as I get back on Sunday,  I'm going to evening church because there's a "family business meeting" after the service, and that needs a quorum, and there will be snacks.  Then I'm coming home, doing farm animal chores, and crashing into bed.  I'll celebrate a day late with Colcannon for supper on Monday.

• Like 7

"A pub is a pub and a bar is a bar" is what one Irishman told me when I asked what the difference was brw the two.   Front doors are painted different colors so they can find their own house on the way back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/15/2024 at 6:52 PM, LostinTexas said:

I plan to give LostWife a pinch. We'll see how that goes.

I practiced today and she fought me to get out of bed.  St. Patrick's Day promises to be a free for all.

Oh, she's Polish and German and I'm Scandinavian, but it just makes it more fun.

• Haha 5

I lived across the street from an Irish bar in Indianapolis called Mc Shanes for 3 years that was enough for me. The amateur drinkers just weren't worth dealing with so I never went in there. And my grandmothers maiden name was Doolin so I had the back ground to be there

• Like 4

8jjcba.jpg.

Celebrating  334 years since the last Catholic monarch, James ll, was defeated by the new Protestant king, William of Orange, at the Battle of the Boyne. 

Despite many years of IRA terrorism, Northern Ireland remains within The United Kingdom.

It's actually celebrated every July 12, and overshadowed by the French celebration of Bastille Day two days later, and the 4th of July a week earlier.  Catholics disapprove.

• Like 5

I am always wearing green.  Call me a MexIrish.  Been to Ireland 2X and loved it (though their recent actions in favor of Hamas gives me pause).

Started with tattoos late in life at 50Y after returning from Israel.  I have 6 now and they all mean something.   I have a 3 leaf green clover with M2L2T in it. The 3 leaves stand for the Trinity.  The letters are wife's initials and the # corresponds to 2 dogs we had where their names started with M and L.  I didn't ask what my wife felt about it but didn't care.  I loves all my beaches!

Now go and get stinking drunk today but have a safe ride home and stay out of jail.  

• Like 6

Happy Saint Patrick's Day.    First of the Guinness.  Custom glasses my older brother gave me.  His son came up with name for my shack about 30 years ago after spending the weekend with Unc FullClip. 

20240317_133122.thumb.jpg.36d23d45088794ddc0a93ec4bfd22166.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

8jjcba.jpg.

Celebrating  334 years since the last Catholic monarch, James ll, was defeated by the new Protestant king, William of Orange, at the Battle of the Boyne. 

Despite many years of IRA terrorism, Northern Ireland remains within The United Kingdom.

It's actually celebrated every July 12, and overshadowed by the French celebration of Bastille Day two days later, and the 4th of July a week earlier.  Catholics disapprove.

Battle of the Boyne July 1, 1690.. tom.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

I sold them five years ago. tom. :cheers:

Still got mine...didn't know there was a market for them.  But mine are kinda small from the cold water up here.

• Haha 3