Fire them all

Fog

41 minutes ago, GT4494 said:

My understanding that unless you have plates with your "vests" they aren't much use against most rifle cartridges.  Anyone know better?

Pretty much.

I wore plates, most of patrol did. I think the front plate was 8"x11" and was supposed to stop .308 point blank. Really glad I never tested that. It was heavy and then it had a composite pouch that was to trap the bullet and control spalling and ricochets. It was supposed to protect your core. But, bad guys are never good shots, they don't aim center of mass, if they aim at all.

• Like 1

The thing is you might not save any lives by going in there, but you sure won’t by staying outside the door. In many things I am not the most courageous guy, but I know when lives are on the line I take action. I have put my life on the line to drag a suicidal client from the middle of the highway. Somebody had to do something and I was there.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

And then Beto jumped on a stage during a memorial for the slain and basically said “It’s all about me!”

That's what I heard, but they won't release it because they don't want to put him in danger.

He had won election to city council and now won't be sworn in. I have not read anywhere the reason why, did he resign? I guess he's in hiding out of state.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Fog said:

That's what I heard, but they won't release it because they don't want to put him in danger.

He had won election to city council and now won't be sworn in. I have not read anywhere the reason why, did he resign? I guess he's in hiding out of state.

Maybe ya gotta get off Google.

If I understand correctly, he can't hold an office while running for office. Feds do it, but it seems that doesn't carry over everywhere.

Beto

• Like 3

The title is misleading if you read the story, think their chewing the nails right now.

image.png.5e6f600a4f91727f8cb4b16bca2e39f4.png

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/uvalde-police-department-no-longer-cooperating-texas-investigation-deadly-mass-shooting/

"According to sources, the decision to stop cooperating occurred soon after the director of DPS, Col. Steven McCraw, held a news conference Friday during which he said the delayed police entry into the classroom was “the wrong decision” and contrary to protocol.

Reached by ABC News, a spokesperson for the Texas Department of Public Safety said, “The Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde CISD Police have been cooperating with investigators. The chief of the Uvalde CISD Police provided an initial interview but has not responded to a request for a follow-up interview with the Texas Rangers that was made two days ago.”"

• Sad 1

On 5/29/2022 at 7:46 AM, Wyzz Kydd said:

Do the LEOs in that jurisdiction have spines? I think the answer is no. I bet they are real whizzes at handing out traffic citations.

Someone should have called in reported one of the kids had a bag of weed.

• Like 1

Some good news is that the teacher/staffer didn't leave the door open or unlocked. 

So, how did he get inside? 

Possible the door malfuntioned. I have personal experience with those commercial locks failing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fog said:

Some good news is that the teacher/staffer didn't leave the door open or unlocked. 

So, how did he get inside? 

Possible the door malfuntioned. I have personal experience with those commercial locks failing.

Why is this information more reliable than the earlier statement that a teacher/staffer did leave the door open or unlocked? In fact I read that the door was propped open with a rock. I’m too far from this entire event to have opinions. 

• Like 2

For any government functionary, there comes a time when they decide, The Kids are dead, can't help them now, time to save careers!

Take the credit for everything, the blame for nothing.

It's a crisis!  Raise money!  Gather donors!  Appear on MSNBC!

Pretend to care about the victims.

Begin planning for the next higher office.

Even at the level of a city of only 16,000, the professional liars are the same as those in Washington, D.C.

I would like to believe that we Texans are different, but they're not.

In two more days, it will be Putin's fault.

I can't get any more disgusted.

I wonder where the Big Guy's 10% comes from?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Why is this information more reliable than the earlier statement that a teacher/staffer did leave the door open or unlocked? In fact I read that the door was propped open with a rock. I’m too far from this entire event to have opinions. 

It was, but the teacher who propped it open is also the one who called 911, attorney claims she kicked the rock out of the way and made sure the door closed behind her. She was unloading food for the school. 

It's the media, but it does fit with what DPS said, which is that she propped the door open and she called 911.

It kinda puts a damper on the conspiracy nuts who were saying somone on the inside let him in the building. Maybe, but not because they were trying to help him.

I served four years as an SRO in public schools out of a 20 year, and counting, career. I got called out of school for court appearances, or training, or various duties outside of the school (that directly involved students). It wasn't exactly like I was always present inside of the school, that wasn't possible. There are a thousand reasons why an SRO might not be physically inside the school, it's too much to go into.

• Like 3

Replying to my own post....

As an SRO, I would make home visits. I would travel to a kid's home if I was particularly concerned. Sometimes this would amount to a ten minute visit, like hey, "your kid is a stoner", deal with it. Sometimes I would get other agencies involved. 

Sometimes as an SRO I was a junior traffic cop. My school had a magnet program that allowed students to earn a pilots license. I got complaints that these future pilot high school students from my school were driving cars recklessly. I put an end to their reckless driving, shamed the hell out of them as juveniles, and they grew up to be pilots. (that should scare your)

• Like 1