Fire them all

Fog

Back when I was teaching HS it got so bad that at one point we had THREE SROs and FOUR security officers.

Despite having 7 guys patrolling it was a common occurrence for students to open secured doors and leave them that way so their buddies could sneak in.

As Kerbie pointed out it wasn’t uncommon for one or more of them to be out of the building on other business.

After Sandy Hook one of the SRO’s told me ‘if we ever have a problem you retrieve that 1911 I know you keep stashed in your car and shoot anyone you think needs shooting.’

8 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I served four years as an SRO in public schools out of a 20 year, and counting, career. I got called out of school for court appearances, or training, or various duties outside of the school (that directly involved students). It wasn't exactly like I was always present inside of the school, that wasn't possible. There are a thousand reasons why an SRO might not be physically inside the school, it's too much to go into.

Armed staff.

1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

AGREED, if the armed staff is willing to carry a gun, let them. Just please don't force guns on unwilling teachers.

The only thing to fear is an unwilling and untrained anti-gun teachers' union member ordered to carry a gun. Offer training and extra pay for those willing to work armed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

The only thing to fear is an unwilling and untrained anti-gun teachers' union member ordered to carry a gun. Offer training and extra pay for those willing to work armed.

No one can be forced to carry a gun, that would be insane.

• Like 1