Suez Canal Blocked

Batesmotel

20 hours ago, railfancwb said:

A floating pumping dredge - or several - might help if any are available...

1FC5352B-629D-456D-8250-D72612F289C5.jpeg

I understand they are using several dredgers.  These things are awesome when in action shooting a stream of muddy sand and water maybe a hundred yards. 

When you screw up while flying, the tower will ask you to advise them when you are prepared to copy down the phone number of the people who are going to bust your chops. I wonder if something similar happened to this guy...?

This whole story stinks. Talk about really passive terrorism.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tadbart said:

When you screw up while flying, the tower will ask you to advise them when you are prepared to copy down the phone number of the people who are going to bust your chops. I wonder if something similar happened to this guy...?

Or they tell (not ask) your flight instructor to do a full stop and come see them in the tower.   this is when you said "touch and go"  and they heard "fullstop".   and the pattern was empty.

Now if I had done that while piloting a giant container ship... Hmmm

18 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Passive terrorism, there was a lot of concern of active terrorism or pirates with a couple hundred ships sitting still between the two ends of the canal. Quite a bit of concern Iran or groups supported by them could cause real mayhem.

Both the Panama and Suez Canals require a pilot come aboard duirng transit, wonder what his story will be.

Edited by pipedreams

13 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Passive terrorism, there was a lot of concern of active terrorism or pirates with a couple hundred ships sitting still between the two ends of the canal. Quite a bit of concern Iran or groups supported by them could cause real mayhem.

Both the Panama and Suez Canals require a pilot come aboard duirng transit, wonder what his story will be.

New guy just graduated from the Rock and Sluggo school of ship piloting? :dunno:

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:13 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

They could jus blow the whole thing up.  I wonder how big a bomb that would take?  Yeah, that's the blueberry wine talking, don't worry.  I'll sober up later.

You make that Blueberry wine?  If not, what's the name of it?? There use to be winery in Panama City Beach Fla. Sea Breeze Winery.  God I loved that place.  Was up there bout 7-8 years ago, think it was and I'll be damned if they didn't close.  They just got old and Retired.  Really a shame.  I've still got one Bottle!!!  Best Blueberry Wine I ever tasted.

• Administrators

Now that this has happened and given people the idea, if some terrorist outfit decided to pack a big enough bomb on a container ship to break its keel and drop it quickly and they set it off in either big canal, it would take many, many months to remove the carcass. They could cause a hell of a problem. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

You make that Blueberry wine?  If not, what's the name of it?? There use to be winery in Panama City Beach Fla. Sea Breeze Winery.  God I loved that place.  Was up there bout 7-8 years ago, think it was and I'll be damned if they didn't close.  They just got old and Retired.  Really a shame.  I've still got one Bottle!!!  Best Blueberry Wine I ever tasted.

I'd like to try making it, but this bottle is from Farm Fresh Wine Company in Omena, Michigan.  It's better than the other Michigan blueberry wines I've tried, but nothing has ever beaten the stuff I used to get from up in Maine 25 years ago... 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Now that this has happened and given people the idea, if some terrorist outfit decided to pack a big enough bomb on a container ship to break its keel and drop it quickly and they set it off in either big canal, it would take many, many months to remove the carcass. They could cause a hell of a problem. 

Putting a nuc in a container and detonating it as the ship sails into harbor...

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:13 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

They could jus blow the whole thing up.  I wonder how big a bomb that would take?  Yeah, that's the blueberry wine talking, don't worry.  I'll sober up later.

I'm going to place this....right here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'd like to try making it, but this bottle is from Farm Fresh Wine Company in Omena, Michigan.  It's better than the other Michigan blueberry wines I've tried, but nothing has ever beaten the stuff I used to get from up in Maine 25 years ago... 

I was Born in Maine...Maine IS Blueberry, I probably know that wine...

Ok, My Bad...Off Topic here...Sorry...

• Haha 1