what cha getting for loved ones for christmas??

ASH

me mostly gift cards , me and the wife draw straws who gets what for who.  my oldest daughter is getting gift cards for baby stuff because she is due to be around jan 11  oddly thats my daughters birthday . Piper she

just wants her baby sister to pop out , but will get some stuff from everyone . 

gift cards  and money   and i told eryone gift cards or money or gift cards and leave me receipt  lol 

for myself i got my  black aces shotgun other day ,  and i bought a ar9  other night fostech model and waiting for it to mount my 9mm suppressor . 

wife is not typical  lady , does not wear jewelry except wedding ring , and silver pendant necklace .   we got most of what we need ,  and older i get the less im into gifts .

basically last 3 years  its been  a furbaby christmas ,  furries get more then anyone . lol 

daughter in florida  i have no idea , they just put in a big ass pool  inground , so maybe i will pay their power bill for 6 months roflmao

r

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Cash for the kids. Wife will buy herself something. 

Over so many years together...it's really hard.  Lately, all she wants is a good meal, some flowers and her daughter and SIL to come over.  I do agree with the $$$ for the Kids.  They just built a new home and Cash is a good thing.:greensupergrin:   Me and the Ms, buy ourselfs little things through the year....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Over so many years together...it's really hard.  Lately, all she wants is a good meal, some flowers and her daughter and SIL to come over.  I do agree with the $$$ for the Kids.  They just built a new home and Cash is a good thing.:greensupergrin:   Me and the Ms, buy ourselfs little things through the year....

It is challenging to be a giver or givee when a person sees something they want and just buys it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My wife stitches cross stitch and needlepoint. She just bought some new floor stands to hold projects she is working on. They are well built but not well finished and come in a box and need to be assembled. 

Looks like my gift to her this year will be properly finishing the wood with sanding stain and varnish, assembly and any modifications she wants. 

BFE26FE3-E4EE-4B8E-A38B-6810C1E2FA18.jpeg

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

She wants good holiday experiences.   You gave yourself by becoming a good provider to buy little things through the year.  

Happy Men's day belated.  Salute!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

My wife stitches cross stitch and needlepoint. She just bought some new floor stands to hold projects she is working on. They are well built but not well finished and come in a box and need to be assembled. 

Looks like my gift to her this year will be properly finishing the wood with sanding stain and varnish, assembly and any modifications she wants. 

BFE26FE3-E4EE-4B8E-A38B-6810C1E2FA18.jpeg

I can't think of anything she will love and enjoy more. Good on you my man...

• Like 3

I buy nothing. My wife buys nothing. 

We go to a favorite resort for a getaway. She pays 50% and I pay 50% for the lodging and I pick up the meals and incidentals. It saves dealing with retailers, crazy consumers, we get time away from the grind, and the crass store advertisements. She is religious and I am not. 

We both enjoy "our" tradition. 

18 minutes ago, blueiron said:

I buy nothing. My wife buys nothing. 

We go to a favorite resort for a getaway. She pays 50% and I pay 50% for the lodging and I pick up the meals and incidentals. It saves dealing with retailers, crazy consumers, we get time away from the grind, and the crass store advertisements. She is religious and I am not. 

We both enjoy "our" tradition. 

Huh...

not married so no kids either which is fine. bought myself a new g19 last month. still trying think of something cool for gf shes not a big jewelry girl. she ois hard to shop for christ she irritates me. maybe a weekend in one of our nicer hotels for the weekend with room service and good drink and sex. will buy fresh halibut and cook my mom diner she loves fried halibut and her doc says she can have it a few times a year so whatever mom wants thats fine by me.

LostWife is tough to buy for. She either gets what she needs or does without. Getting a list from her is like pulling teeth, and heaven forbid she ever comments on a want. 

Not complaining, but it makes for some tough gifting. Ear studs and a few little things she has mentioned, but I hope she likes them. She usually does. Her cruise got cancelled, so I'm in a tail spin.

58 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

LostWife is tough to buy for. She either gets what she needs or does without. Getting a list from her is like pulling teeth, and heaven forbid she ever comments on a want. 

Not complaining, but it makes for some tough gifting. Ear studs and a few little things she has mentioned, but I hope she likes them. She usually does. Her cruise got cancelled, so I'm in a tail spin.

Ditto:  And with the wife in graduate school she's so busy that i might be lucky to get waved at.

She's not into fancy stuff most women's are in to.

I get what BlueIron is saying:  After 25 years together I still have the same shopping list.   New flannel shirt, history book, pound of coffee, pound of gummy bears (tradition from when i was 14).

Mr C wants a Bark River knife, so I'm ordering that today, for his combined birthday/Xmas gift.  Oldest daughter gave me a list of books and anime she wants, and she always wants more yarn for her crochet projects.  Youngest daughter hasn't given me her list yet, but it will be full of books, anime, and yarn, too.  My dad will get his usual jerky and rhubarb jam (he likes his rhubarb jam unadulterated by strawberries or anything else, so I make him 3-4 jars that way each year).  My mom wants fruit and chocolate.  They are both in their 80s and impossible to buy much for anymore, since if they want something, they just buy it themselves.  Every 5 years or so, I make them a new quilt.   This year's quilt is going to my sister-in-law and her family, though, because she is the last member of the family I haven't made a quilt for.  My brother will get a Home Despot gift card and Legos in his stocking (I figure 50 years of Legos, why stop now?  It's been a joke for the last 35...)

I would like a good digital SLR camera, but that's rather more than my birthday and Xmas combined, so I pointed out some earrings that I really like in a catalog  (they are based on Van Gogh cherry blossoms, and Irises).  I'd also like an ACOG for my AR, but again, that's more than we spend on Xmas, so I may just start a fund for it, and put Xmas and birthday money into it for a few years til I have enough to buy the one I want.  Maybe I'll do that with the camera, too.  But on thinking about it, I'd probably use the ACOG more than the camera, so maybe I'll do that first.  There really isn't much else I can think of.  Well, except getting a light installed in the front closet.  That would be nice.

On the much cheaper end, I'd like my kids to dust the house and wipe down my cabinets.  And vacuum my truck.  And stop bickering.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, Swampfox762 said:

This year it will be money, my kids and grand children and great grandchildren would be the best present for us.  But not likely.

Remember many years past, the thought of Cocaine traces on money was a concern.  Now no one fears Virus on dollar bills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1