Happy Thanksgiving

Eric

We were driving about a mile from our house last month and met two turkeys in the road - a hen and a large tom. I slowed down to get a good look as I passed by and the tom took it as a challenge. He came out into the middle of the road and started pecking my front tire. I drove past him and he took to chasing the car while continuing to peck the tire. He chased us for a good fifty yards before satisfying himself that he'd chased off his potential rival. I came back by a few days later and he was squaring off with another large tom in the front yard of a house near where we'd seen him before.

I haven't seen him since turkey season started.

• Like 2

Turkey in brine, pumpkin pie made, 2 cobblers made, will put dressing together tomorrow, make deviled eggs, and the green bean casserole. Will cook the turkey and carve it out.

Will warm in the oven while dressing and casserole are cooking. Mashed potatoes, because my Lost-In-Laws are Yankees, and gravy. Crescent rolls and cranberry sauce, make for  good eats on Thursday. Football and good company. Only seven of us, but that is all we have unless the boy shows up then 10, so the Karens can keep their opinions. Does Texas even have the limit? 

Hope everyone has as much fun as we are planning.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 4

2020 has been such an awful year, we're just having a small Thanksgiving here at the Maser homestead.  Family prayer afterwards for 2021 to be better.  If I was younger and rebellious again, I would have deliberately had a huge family gathering and have a group photo taken of us all giving the middle finger and send the pic directly to Gavin Newsom. 

• Like 2

At my daughter's house,  up in the mountains.  The grandbabies make it much much more fun.

The large in-law family is scared of my super-spreader status,  so they won't be attending.

Momma's occupied with the newest (months old) baby,  so the boys (2 and 4) will fulfill the "Indian" part of the holiday.  They are gonzo.

I didn't know that two boys could go six different directions at the same time.  They can.  (and if you really can't find them...  you'd probably better look up!)

• Like 2

My daughter and her hubby will be comin over tomorrow...Doin T-day early, cause she'll be back on Sunday to celebrate our 51st anniversary!!!:biggrin:

Not havin Turkey though. 

Steak, (Medium Rare around) Corn Casserole,  Sweet taters with marsh mellows, god awful crescent rolls, and more stuff I don't remember...and I'll probably pass out before the Pumpkin and Pecan Pie!!! 

God Bless us one and all, and I hope you all, have a wonderful thanksgiving.

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Hook said:

Happy turkey day too you bunch of misfits?. I hate turkey but will be cooking halibut for mom its her favorite. You guys have a great day! You all are some good folk.

Same to you. I hope y’all have a good one. 

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are here or visit.

Please take a few moments tomorrow and stop, think and give thanks for the many blessing you have.  Even in this upside down 2020 there are plenty of blessing that each one of us have received.  We may have to look deeper or think harder but ALL of us have things to be thankful for!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

We're hoping everyone else stays home today because we're driving from Richmond to just south of Charlottesville this morning to take my 85-year-old aunt a heat & serve turkey breast dinner from Whole Foods. Mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, dressing, pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. She's capable of cooking her own spread - and so were we for that matter - but what the heck, I got 5% off for using my Amazon Prime charge card.

In other news, it's sprinkling rain and 63*F. Good day to take the wife and dog on a road trip. He likes the horses in the pasture behind my aunt's place. 

Edited by johnbt
  • Like 2