iPhone or Android

OldSchool64

I had an iPhone from work for many years, then I went Android when I retired. I like Android better. Apple be too much "closed system - run your life". Look at Louis Rossman on the Youtube for examples of bad apples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, OldSchool64 said:

I know it's kinda like asking Ginger or Mary Ann, but curious which you like and why.

BTW: I liked Mary Ann. :)

I left Apple at IPhone6 after they ran my battery down with new IOS software.  All their proprietary crap is another issue.  Fun fact, I recently had to take someone's inclusion class and I have signed an NDA with someone.  If I told you, I would have to kill every single one of you.

Rocking a Pixel7 now and I converted my wife a few months ago and she has the 8 Pro.   Never again will I spend over $500 for a phone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I think that the iPhone is the worst choice of smart phones on the market, except for all the rest. There is a lot to dislike about the iPhone and the company who makes it, but I believe it is a far better product than its competitors. For now.

An important consideration for me is that I am a Mac computer user and the iPhone dovetails nicely with the MacOS. Windows guys may find that the Android phone integration with Windows tips the scales in the direction of the Android devices.

• Like 4

I vote Android, simply for the ability to download MP3s from the internet, and then load them by the hundreds onto your phone. Completely free!!! Then you have all your music on your phone, and can play it in your car and elsewhere, whenever you like. 

Ya can't do that with iPhone, and that's pretty crappy. 

• Like 4

I use an old iPhone SE since it is small enough to fit in my pocket comfortably. 

I don't want anything larger. So when the battery finally gives out, I'll buy the smallest affordable phone that has a keyboard interface of some sort of other.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

I left Apple at IPhone6 after they ran my battery down with new IOS software.  All their proprietary crap is another issue.  Fun fact, I recently had to take someone's inclusion class and I have signed an NDA with someone.  If I told you, I would have to kill every single one of you.

Rocking a Pixel7 now and I converted my wife a few months ago and she has the 8 Pro.   Never again will I spend over $500 for a phone.

How does she like the 8 pro?  They just dropped $200. as soon as Samsung announced the S24 being released.  Am considering trying one.

• Like 1

Guess this is a selling point for iPhone.

iPhone_alaska_airlines_flight.webp.78129cdd6465ba5f88d9c16941428c23.webp

Game designer Sean Bates found an iPhone in a bush Sunday that had fallen from Alaska Airlines Flight 1282 when it lost a part of its fuselage shortly after takeoff. The phone was undamaged, still on, and had the end of a sheared-off charging cable plugged in. Bates posted pictures of his discovery that afternoon, one of which included the screen showing a still-open email with a baggage receipt.

The phone fell out of the plane when, just a few minutes after takeoff, the Boeing 737 Max 9 explosively decompressed, sending a fuselage plug flying off of the plane and forcing it to turn around and make an emergency landing at Portland International Airport, where it had originally taken off.

The National Transportation Safety Board confirmed during a Sunday briefing that two phones were recovered after falling from the Boeing 737 Max 9 — one was found on the side of the road and another in a yard. In addition, a Portland school teacher found the fuselage plug itself in their backyard.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/8/24029806/boeing-737-max-9-iphone-found-working

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

How does she like the 8 pro?  They just dropped $200. as soon as Samsung announced the S24 being released.  Am considering trying one.

So far so good.  Took awhile for her to adjust to Android but overall the 8 pro has been decent.  Google had some promo for the 7 and I think I paid $250 for it when it got released.  Once a 9 is released, I might go 8 pro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mary Ann.

Android. Android has come along with a lot to offer. Innovative, and the quality is pretty decent any more. A lot more to offer at the end of the day, but choose a good phone.

Apple wants to own your very soul, and will. They make a very nice product, they control all the QC, they are the only builder of the product, and they seem to last well enough as long as Apple isn't doing underhanded crap in the background, and not doing it well enough to not get caught.

Both have their following. My folks use Apple because they were talked into it and it is all they know. Fair enough, I can barely turn one on. I get a chuckle out of my stepdad telling me about some latest and greatest the iOS had come out with when I have often been using it for years on Android, but somehow the Apple is always "better".

Pretty comparable these days on the app offerings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2024 at 2:47 PM, minderasr said:

For me, Android over Apple every time.  Bonus points if it's a de-googled android.

LAMO, Android OS is google. Well any more. There is a lot to turn off and shut down, but at least you still can, for now.

I recently went Motorola, and really like it. A little learning curve since Samsung was out of the picture and that was all for the better.

Come to think of it, they may be one of the more "De-Googled" phones out there. A load less bloatware for sure. I'm a fan, and tech usually doesn't wow me too much in a good way.

Come to think of it, someone on this forum pointed that tidbit out that it was one of one of the less googled androids. Might have been you.

• Like 1