Starbuck's

gwalchmai

LOL. :anim_rofl2:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/starbucks-employees-stores-across-us-strike-alleged-hypocritical-treatment-lgbtq-community

Strikes at some organized U.S. Starbucks stores began Friday in Seattle, Washington, with more than 150 stores and 3,500 workers planning to participate in the strikes this coming week over the company's "hypocritical treatment of LGBTQIA+ workers."

More than two dozen additional stores are voting on strike authorizations and the count could rise to nearly 200 by the end of this week, the Starbucks Workers United union said.

The union said Friday that strikers would be "demanding that Starbucks negotiate a fair contract with union stores and stop their illegal union-busting campaign, which has significantly impacted Starbucks' LGBTQIA+ workforce."

In a lengthy thread on Twitter, the union alleged that Starbucks uses "intimidation tactics" to "threaten" queer and transgender workers by cutting hours, removing credit card tipping and threatening workers with the loss of healthcare benefits.

STARBUCKS ‘DEEPLY CONCERNED’ BY SPREAD OF ‘FALSE’ CLAIMS THAT THE COMPANY IS REMOVING PRIDE FLAGS FROM STORES

Starbucks workers celebrate Pride

The Starbucks Workers United union said strikers would be "demanding that Starbucks negotiate a fair contract with union stores and stop their illegal union-busting campaign, which has significantly impacted Starbucks' LGBTQIA+ workforce." (David McNew/Getty Images / Getty Images)

"We’re fighting for all baristas to feel welcome & safe at work," the union tweeted on Friday. "All cafés should have gender-neutral bathrooms, a safe work environment with adequate protections against burns, slips & falls, and a way of effectively addressing any security issues."

• Haha 1

I am not sure what I dislike more. LBTQRSTUVWXYZ or the corrupt unions.

In the end it really doesn't matter to me. I get up in the morning and make my own coffee. I have no interest in what goes on with Starbucks. Let them strike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, geeorge said:

I thought their whole customer base was whiney gays and other freaks

As long as they don't have a problem with DUNKIN...who G A S their Overpriced Burnt tasting coffee is Shite anyway :fred:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

LOL. :anim_rofl2:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/starbucks-employees-stores-across-us-strike-alleged-hypocritical-treatment-lgbtq-community

Strikes at some organized U.S. Starbucks stores began Friday in Seattle, Washington, with more than 150 stores and 3,500 workers planning to participate in the strikes this coming week over the company's "hypocritical treatment of LGBTQIA+ workers."

More than two dozen additional stores are voting on strike authorizations and the count could rise to nearly 200 by the end of this week, the Starbucks Workers United union said.

The union said Friday that strikers would be "demanding that Starbucks negotiate a fair contract with union stores and stop their illegal union-busting campaign, which has significantly impacted Starbucks' LGBTQIA+ workforce."

In a lengthy thread on Twitter, the union alleged that Starbucks uses "intimidation tactics" to "threaten" queer and transgender workers by cutting hours, removing credit card tipping and threatening workers with the loss of healthcare benefits.

STARBUCKS ‘DEEPLY CONCERNED’ BY SPREAD OF ‘FALSE’ CLAIMS THAT THE COMPANY IS REMOVING PRIDE FLAGS FROM STORES

Starbucks workers celebrate Pride

The Starbucks Workers United union said strikers would be "demanding that Starbucks negotiate a fair contract with union stores and stop their illegal union-busting campaign, which has significantly impacted Starbucks' LGBTQIA+ workforce." (David McNew/Getty Images / Getty Images)

"We’re fighting for all baristas to feel welcome & safe at work," the union tweeted on Friday. "All cafés should have gender-neutral bathrooms, a safe work environment with adequate protections against burns, slips & falls, and a way of effectively addressing any security issues."

Gender neutral bathrooms may be fine. Harbor Freight locally has two gender neutral bathrooms, each of which has facilities to accommodate only one person at a time. Bathrooms with facilities to accommodate multiple people at one time should be gender specific. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Gender neutral bathrooms may be fine. Harbor Freight locally has two gender neutral bathrooms, each of which has facilities to accommodate only one person at a time. Bathrooms with facilities to accommodate multiple people at one time should be gender specific. 

In Europe, in many places there is only ONE bathroom...

• Like 2

I thought being LBGQWHATEVER was a prerequisite to being haired buy Starbucks. That seems to be the demographic in every store I have ever visited.

LostWIfe likes their cute drinks, so there. I like the Americano with a splash of heavy cream. It rates just above convenience store coffee.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DAKA said:

In Europe, in many places there is only ONE bathroom...

Seen a number stateside as well. May lower the grade of a restaurant. When a person goes into the only restroom and licks the door it has become gender specific for that moment. 

• Like 2

I was at an airport, and saw a starbucks 4' x 5' picture of the most delicious Christmas Coffee drink you could imagine! I wanted one. Sprinkles and everything!

The girl mixed it. "Do you want whipped cream?"

"Yes!" ::scriiiiiiishhh!!!::

Then she smashed the lid on top. And handed it to me.

I looked at the drink. And at the sign. And at the drink. And at the sign.

Then she just flatly said, "Yeah. They don't look like that."
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Overpriced Boiled Bean Juice.

LMAO. If it were actually boiled, there wouldn't be the need to put salt in it to keep from upsetting my stomach.

This getting old stuff ain't for sissies. LostWife doesn't understand  the excitement over the percolator I found at a garage sale.

• Like 4

Never had a Starbucks product, never even been in one.

I drink engineer's coffee:  twice the scoops in the coffee maker,if you don't finish the pot,  leave it to get cold, microwave  leftover until gone.

Repeat.

Quality is not all that important, nor are fancy Yuppie beverages.

Never throw anything away that can be re-heated.  :biggrin:

Navy coffee was great, but you have to be at sea to really appreciate it.

<--- still has my electric Corningware percolator

15 hours ago, geeorge said:

I thought their whole customer base was whiney gays and other freaks

Uh wrong.  There is a Starbucks next to a Yoga studio in Uptown and I assure you, the customers are neither gay or freaks.  They did put combo locks on outside bathroom doors to keep the homeless from dropping a deuce or taking a french whore shower.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

Uh wrong.  There is a Starbucks next to a Yoga studio in Uptown and I assure you, the customers are neither gay or freaks.  They did put combo locks on outside bathroom doors to keep the homeless from dropping a deuce or taking a french whore shower.

Sooo...whiney gays, other freaks, and Karens?

:wink:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Sooo...whiney gays, other freaks, and Karens?

:wink:

I think the guy behind the counter is gay?  Probably some Karen's but it is like a 4:1 ratio of hotties in LuLu Lemmons.  I may or may not have got a chubby.  Decent seating, free internet, covered parking in TX heat, close to my Executives for transport.  It is a great place, well except for the combo locks I mentioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Spicoli said:

I think the guy behind the counter is gay?  Probably some Karen's but it is like a 4:1 ratio of hotties in LuLu Lemmons.  I may or may not have got a chubby.  Decent seating, free internet, covered parking in TX heat, close to my Executives for transport.  It is a great place, well except for the combo locks I mentioned.

Every guy working behind the counter at SB's is probably not gay, and there's probably not a spider underneath that bandstand...

• Like 1