Starbuck's

gwalchmai

At one time I traveled a lot for work.  I found that airport Starbucks coffee was the worst crap I had ever tasted.  I hated the too strong burned taste with the oil drops floating on the surface.  Navy coffee was better from the steam kettle, and that's pretty bad.

When my wife goes to my second oldest daughters town to get her hair done, my daughter takes me to the local "coffee shop".  You have to understand that this shop is in the vicinity of Carleton college and St. Olaf college.  So their customers are the elite, over priced, educated farmer kids who believe that being a coffee snob is the epitome of culture.

Anyway, I order Coffee Mocha, with whipped cream, Dark Chocolate, Whole milk.  It's like a hot milkshake.  I sit there with my daughter waiting for my wife to finish her beauty treatment and regale the locals with my boorish humor.  See, I'm old and can get away with a ton of crap.  I flirt with the girls making the coffee, (I refuse to see them as "baristas" since they are making minimum wage and waiting their turn to get brainwashed in those previously mentioned institutions of higher learning.

I say that because they learn nothing of their family heritage of farming around this wealthy farming community, and come out thinking that because of the highest tuition in the country they must be smart.  The university of Minnesota has a college of food and agriculture but isn't expensive enough for these kids to flaunt to their peers.  (One of my grand daughters is pursuing her PhD in some sort of research into Cows ability to process certain feed). I contracted with the Agricultural Engineering college for some advanced crop characteristic processing, so I'm familiar with their expertise.

I guess this post went South a while ago so I'd better let it go.  I was raised on Coffee and like it.

• Haha 1