The most important article you will read this year...

TBO

24 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

It's not very often, but if I'm gonna get a burger, it's going to be one of those double grease bombs from five guys.

For the price those didn't impress me at all. I do like their fries

• Like 1

I don't get them anymore, because of the price.

A double used to be under $6. (LGB!) I get cheese only, and salted them up.

The last time I tried, the guy said "$11."

I said, "ouch." "Lets make it a single."

He said, "That IS a single."

I went somewhere else.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

I don't get them anymore, because of the price.

A double used to be under $6. (LGB!) I get cheese only, and salted them up.

The last time I tried, the guy said "$11."

Hell, I remember when they was sempty-nine cents! :(

• Like 3

A lot of factors go into rising prices. A constant, however, is deliberate destruction of the purchasing power of the dollar by the Federal Reserve. They have a target rate for inflation of 2% per year.

The Federal Reserve System’s stated goal is to maintain an annual inflation rate of 2 percent. But even this seemingly low rate of inflation eats away at the value of dollar-denominated savings accounts: a dollar discounted at the rate of 2 percent a year will only be worth eighty-two cents in ten years, sixty-seven cents in twenty years, and just fifty-five cents in thirty years. 

• Like 3

I can’t remember the last time I was in a Mickey do’s.  I could probably count on one hand the number of times in the last decade.  On reflection, we did stop at one on our way to a family funeral in NC las summer… because the place we usually stop on that route had closed…and our meal was awful.  We all left saying Never Again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hook said:

I haven’t ate a mcdys burger in years. I’d rather go to c&j’s drive in and get the Alaskan burger with fries and a chocolate shake. Don’t have any five guys or in &out. 

Longhorn Steak House    Lunch Special   A REAL Cheese Burger with one side (I get the Shrimp soup) done HOW YOU like it  Under $10,   BUT Iced coffee is $3.....

That and we have a  few places called Ocean One.extensive lunch specials for $5.99  Fish and Chips  THE BEST

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 11:06 AM, TBO said:

Chef posts viral hack on TikTok: How to tell if your local McDonald's 'is a good one'

Mike Haraz of Illinois is a former McDonald's corporate chef — check out his 'quality' test

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/chef-posts-viral-hack-tiktok-how-tell-your-local-mcdonalds-good-one

The only things that I ever liked at Mickey D's was the Big Mac, the Filet-o-Fish, the fries, and some of the breakfast items.

But at some point I stopped eating fries because of the carbs and I always eat breakfast first thing in the morning at home so that narrows it down to the big Mac and the Filet-o-Fish and in the past couple of years at any McDonald's I've been to recently, neither of those two things are anywhere as  good as they used to be.

The Big Mac's have thin, dried out patties, limp lettuce, and not enough secret sauce and the Filet-o-Fish is a pale imitation of what it once was.  But, I would still try one of those two things once in a while when they had a special on them.

But now they don't have any more "specials" unless you have a smart phone with something called an "APP" and I hate smart phones and will never own one and because of this I simply can not afford to eat anything at McDonald's  at their current prices especially considering that the quality of their food is not what it once was

• Like 3

I eat at a local Diary Queen with some regularity. (My daughter would say “too much regularity”.) It and one in a nearby town are franchised to a local family and have been for many years - back into the previous century. Cheeseburger, fries, drink, small sundae currently $7.00 plus tax less senior discount. 

I still go to Jack in the box occasionally for their Tacos and it's one of the cheapest items on their menu. Jack in the box tacos are not like any other tacos on planet earth as far as I know. They're so bad, they're actually good, like a rare delicacy. The tortilla is a combination of a slightly under-cooked hard taco shell and a soft one, and the soft parts are where the slightly oily seasoned ground beef "mulch" as softened the taco shell. I always keep a bottle of taco sauce the glove compartment of my car so I don't have to rip open those stupit plastic bags with taco sauce.

Anyone else have a "Thing" for Jack in the box tacos? I think I'm going to go have some next week.:D

On 6/23/2023 at 1:06 PM, TBO said:

Chef posts viral hack on TikTok: How to tell if your local McDonald's 'is a good one'

Mike Haraz of Illinois is a former McDonald's corporate chef — check out his 'quality' test

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/chef-posts-viral-hack-tiktok-how-tell-your-local-mcdonalds-good-one

I can tell usually in one visit.  I think you overhyped the article.  

On 6/24/2023 at 12:29 PM, Borg warner said:

The only things that I ever liked at Mickey D's was the Big Mac, the Filet-o-Fish, the fries, and some of the breakfast items.

But at some point I stopped eating fries because of the carbs and I always eat breakfast first thing in the morning at home so that narrows it down to the big Mac and the Filet-o-Fish and in the past couple of years at any McDonald's I've been to recently, neither of those two things are anywhere as  good as they used to be.

The Big Mac's have thin, dried out patties, limp lettuce, and not enough secret sauce and the Filet-o-Fish is a pale imitation of what it once was.  But, I would still try one of those two things once in a while when they had a special on them.

But now they don't have any more "specials" unless you have a smart phone with something called an "APP" and I hate smart phones and will never own one and because of this I simply can not afford to eat anything at McDonald's  at their current prices especially considering that the quality of their food is not what it once was

I do like McD Fries...

• Like 1