Name That Car

Eric

37 minutes ago, Hook said:

I am no car guy whatsoever but it reminds me of a Morgan. But don’t they have wood frames? Pretty sure the tape is to protect the paint. 

A Morgan is rear-wheel drive.

And, no.  They never had a wood chassis.  Though the frames were always made of steel and are now made of aluminum, I think, the supporting framework for the body panels is still wood, I believe,

I watch Wheeler Dealers faithfully.  :biggrin:

The example has a solid rear axle.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 3

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, tous said:

Thanks for the puzzle, Eric.

That was fun.

Cord or Auburn?

1936 Cord 810, commonly called the coffin-nose Cord. It was the last hurrah of an amazing car company and era in automobile design. Graham and Hupmobile ended up with the tooling for the Cord 810 and both made a RWD version of it. They redesigned the front because it was difficult to produce and they were going RWD. They look a bit different than the Cord, but you can still see its lines in their versions. The blue one is the Graham. The Graham was called the Hollywood and the Hupmobile was called Skylark.

Graham is also the company that made the shark-nose car, that was an iconic bit of Art Deco Americana, in the thirties (Bottom pic). If you grew up watching Bugs Bunny, as I did, you will be familiar with that shark-nose Graham's lines. :greensupergrin:

bb333e3ce5fe20038f22729934b601ae.jpeg

Hupmobile_Skylark_1941_(4172297873).jpg

672441-1939-graham-model-96-sharknose-coupe-classic-old-retro-vintage-usa-3800x2850-01-1.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eric said:

Sorry, guys. I thought this was going to be an easy one. America was making a FWD car before just about everyone.

fcf7b93d86d1d0715861d859aba3f76c.jpg

Because of the shape of the wheel wells, that was the first car that came to mind, but I discarded that thought because I did not know they were front wheel drive.

• Like 2