Nice Police chase

geeorge

9 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Just a bit of insanity....Fortunately no one(on the road) was killed...Was that really necessary?

the police didn't know what kind of criminal was in the car and needed to stop them and find out, so to me it was necessary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, DAKA said:

Just a bit of insanity....Fortunately no one(on the road) was killed...Was that really necessary?

If you don't chase and apprehend them, they continue with their criminal **** and possibly hurt/harm/kill others.

If you do chase and apprehend them, their criminal **** is stopped, but you run the risk of possibly hurting/harming/killing others.

So what's the right answer?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

If you don't chase and apprehend them, they continue with their criminal **** and possibly hurt/harm/kill others.

If you do chase and apprehend them, their criminal **** is stopped, but you run the risk of possibly hurting/harming/killing others.

The right answer is always use enough gun.

7abz2y.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, M&P15T said:

All of this for a "stolen car" and risking hundreds of lives with that insane chase, Sure the Police would NEVER cause an accident :chatter: BUT the officer is relying on all the other drivers on the road not doing anything stupid

and then there is the "perp", No training in high sped driving, going over 130 mph through city streets   WORTH THE RISK ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

This is one reason the government is pushing for electric cars with computers they can override. Cops could just shut a car off. Or a government could shut them all off. No good answer. 

If they can shut off an EV they can shut down an ICE. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

These needless high speed chases that cops engage in needs to stop.  And don't give me that faggoty answer of "then don't run" because the whole point of running is to get away from someone chasing you.  If someone is not being chased then they won't keep running.  Someone doesn't wanna stop for a traffic ticket or whatever mundane **** then just let them go.  You already have their license number.  Unless the cop knows for 100% sure that the person fleeing is a terrible person who needs to be taken down ASAP, then never engage in a high speed chase.  Cue the white knights in 3.....2......1.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maser said:

These needless high speed chases that cops engage in needs to stop.  And don't give me that faggoty answer of "then don't run" because the whole point of running is to get away from someone chasing you.  If someone is not being chased then they won't keep running.  Someone doesn't wanna stop for a traffic ticket or whatever mundane **** then just let them go.  You already have their license number.  Unless the cop knows for 100% sure that the person fleeing is a terrible person who needs to be taken down ASAP, then never engage in a high speed chase.  Cue the white knights in 3.....2......1.....

if the criminals think all they have to do is run every time to avoid arrest then crime will get even worse, we need to draw a line for these career criminals who think the law doesn't apply to them. Did you read the description under the video? A license number wouldn't have helped them catch or find this crook

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DAKA said:

All of this for a "stolen car" and risking hundreds of lives with that insane chase, Sure the Police would NEVER cause an accident :chatter: BUT the officer is relying on all the other drivers on the road not doing anything stupid

and then there is the "perp", No training in high sped driving, going over 130 mph through city streets   WORTH THE RISK ?

Car wasn't stolen, it was never registered and had fake tags on it and the driver never had a drivers license, read the story under the video, just click where it says more. And he was using it to traffic drugs with

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

If they can shut off an EV they can shut down an ICE. :(

If you can remotely start the car, the car can be shut off remotely.  It's in the cards.

I refuse to download the app that lets me start my new car from my phone.  I believe that if I can use my phone to start my car, anybody can hack it to start and maybe even run it too.  I worked for Univac/Sperry/Lockheed Research labs, Computer companies all and I wouldn't trust anything controlled remotely by a computer (Car/my home locks/my home cameras/etc. 

There are very clever software people out their and my son is one of them.  He is a digital engineer in advanced product design and has worked for a few major companies in that capacity.  His specialty is writing Drivers.  He was a Director at his last company that utilized sets of new phone chips to make controllers to show how other computerized crap could perform for their customers. 

Amazingly he trusts his phone to do banking and other dangerous things.  One time I asked him why he took the risk of using his phone for this **** and he just shrugged his shoulders.  I never developed that trust in computer controlled stuff, I'm/was an Analog engineer in Research.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, geeorge said:

if the criminals think all they have to do is run every time to avoid arrest then crime will get even worse, we need to draw a line for these career criminals who think the law doesn't apply to them. Did you read the description under the video? A license number wouldn't have helped them catch or find this crook

Minneapolis told the police force to not pursue at speeds in the city.  As a result, now damn every time a siren is used the other driver, in certain places in the city, simply runs away at high speed and the police must not chase.

By not chasing the city has encouraged high speed escapes.  It encourages the danger it is reputed to prevent.  I spent many nights listening to this on the police monitor.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

If they know they won't be chased, they will run.  This is so simple anyone can understand it.

These ass holes are going to get caught sooner or later... All THIS officer had was a stolen license plate to go on...that chase was a DANGEROUS undertaking and should NOT have happened,  Mucho adrenaline involved here 

BUT we found out that the Dodge cop car maxes out at 130 mph 

ps I AM DEFINITELY NOT ANTI POLICE, BUT sometimes THEY do get "carried away" in the ***pursuit** (:anim_rofl2:) of their duties  :couch:

I realized a long time ago the the job the Police do is dangerous and thankless :cheerleader: 

2 hours ago, DAKA said:

These ass holes are going to get caught sooner or later... All THIS officer had was a stolen license plate to go on...that chase was a DANGEROUS undertaking and should NOT have happened,  Mucho adrenaline involved here EE

ps I AM DEFINITELY NOT ANTI POLICE, BUT sometimes THEY do get "carried away" in the ***pursuit** (:anim_rofl2:) of their duties  :couch:

I realized a long time ago the the job the Police do is dangerous and thankless :cheerleader: 

Especially when they get second-guessed by keyboard commandos and the Nervous Nellie's that will eventually disarm them and just issue rape whistles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAKA said:

These ass holes are going to get caught sooner or later... All THIS officer had was a stolen license plate to go on...that chase was a DANGEROUS undertaking and should NOT have happened,  Mucho adrenaline involved here 

But what if the criminal they were chasing was let go and they went on to rob and kill people? Isn't that a risk worth taking getting them while they can?  They have traffic parameters they have to be right or the chase has to be  ended.

How would you like them letting the driver go and then go over and kill your family?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, geeorge said:

But what if the criminal they were chasing was let go and they went on to rob and kill people? Isn't that a risk worth taking getting them while they can?  They have traffic parameters they have to be right or the chase has to be  ended.

How would you like them letting the driver go and then go over and kill your family?

WHAT IF ......Your GRANDMOTHER   had balls, SHE'd be your GRANDFATHER     :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of you galoots are attempting the classic, 'but what if' hypothetical rebuttal to actual events.

It is the rejoinder common with those, on either side of a topic,  that are unprepared, unwilling or simply  ignorant.

Let us consider the subject at hand.  A successful conclusion aside from bent sheet metal.

If law enforcement, with  personnel trained in high-speed  driving and have numerous warning devices, bright, flashy lights, loud whoopy sirens, are a danger to the public if they pursue goblins that have no training, no warning devices and are likely driving an unfamiliar automobile because they stole it.

Who should the public be most afraid of?

The goblins are driving erratically and dangerously because it's fun for them, but mainly, the goblins do not want to be arrested and put in jail.  They can't smoke that morning blunt in cell block B and have to wait to post their latest mindless nonsense bragging about what a tough and dangerous hombre they are on Instagram until they get home or until they steal someone else's phone.  The goblins don't care who gets hurt when they run a red light or stop sign, don't care that the automobile they are driving will likely be destroyed or damaged.  It isn't their car.

Law enforcement personnel are driving under control and as safely as they can and still accomplish the stopping and arresting of the goblins, thus, the law enforcement office is doing the job they are paid to do.  They want the chase to end with no injuries, to themselves of the goblins.  Offices and deputies want go home at the end of their shift.

So, masters of the hypothetical, describe the conditions under which law enforcement may -- enforce the law.

What crime is too minor to warrant any attention by the police?

At what point is it all right to pursue a dangerously reckless driver?  I don't care if Mr. Goblins is running because he doesn't have a driver's license, has a misdemeanor warrant or just feels like driving like a fool.  Remember, they are exposing the general public to great peril simply because they can't miss that morning joint or congregating at the local 7-Eleven with their crew just before they all walk in and steal the evening's beer.

Those that insist that law enforcement stop enforcing the law because if an innocent civilian is injured, it's the cop's fault.

Never the goblin's fault.  :upeyes:

And, yes, as we all know, if law enforcement doesn't chase a goblin, said miscreant will a) turn himself in the next morning or b) be sitting on his porch waiting foe the deputies to come and cuff him and stuff him  :upeyes:

Any crime committed after law enforcement pursues or failed to pursue is the fault and responsibility of the criminal.  Period.

So, there.  :biggrin:

I know.  tl;dr

NB as I understand it, most collisions between pursuing law enforcement and civilians is caused by civilians ignoring the warning devices of the police cars, either because the civilian was not paying attention or the civilian was just ornery, determined that they will yield the road for no one.  Such incidents are fairly rare.

Now, count up the number of dead or injured civilians and destroyed vehicles caused by a goblin's reckless, irresponsible driving even when the police are not pursuing them and especially when the police are pursuing them.  Such incidents are common.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3