Ran out of options, used my carry gun.

Inyo Tim

Just this morning. Trapped in an inside bathroom when the door handle mechanism broke with the striker fully engaged. No tools except a Swiss knife.

Hammered out the hinge pins with the screwdriver blade and a plunger handle. Door wouldn't budge. Too tight to try and work the striker back. 

No phone and no way out. Too feeb to kick the door apart. Screws that hold the handle on were on the other side. About to be late for lunch at the senior center.  Would have been in there for days before a welfare check found me.

My  pants were hanging on a hook with my .40 Shield and an extra mag. Took 10 shots to finally get the door open. Not a cat to be seen: all under beds.

image.thumb.png.bc9c9312f6bceb11fee4d9599aa069bd.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just happened to my wife. Door closed and the lock made a loud snap with a ping sound from a spring.

I got the knob off, broke the guts out but it was a nightmare getting the bolt out of the door jamb. So even with the lock dismantled she was still locked in. 

Still not bad for a 40 year old lock. 

8A27CA4F-BBD8-4350-B320-B2FFE098C5A5.jpeg

• Like 2

I guess the danger is real. A member at another forum told of an elderly lady dying trapped like I was. A week before she was found dead.

I have to round up a new door and learn how to hang it. Being an inner bathroom in a house with closed windows, I don't think much noise made it outside. My nearest neighbor is crazy and lives in his own world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inyo Tim said:

I guess the danger is real. A member at another forum told of an elderly lady dying trapped like I was. A week before she was found dead.

I have to round up a new door and learn how to hang it. Being an inner bathroom in a house with closed windows, I don't think much noise made it outside. My nearest neighbor is crazy and lives in his own world.

With the name "Inyo" I didn't think you lived in a heavy populated area.

• Like 1