I have been shaken

NPTim

6 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I can sit down onto the floor cross-legged and get up both without using my hands, but I sound like a bowlful of Rice Crispies when I do it.  Snap,Crackle,Pop for the win!  On the other hand, I have absolutely NO sense of direction.  If the sun isn't out, don't ask me.  Because I WILL BE WRONG.  Having said that, I have no problem at all memorizing a map and giving you good directions to places.  I just can't tell you which way to turn if I'm in the car without a map and you want to drive north toward somewhere and there is no sun for me to orient on.  Needless to say, I'm the reason you see those little piles of stones on hiking trails... I'm hiking pile to pile, or landmark to landmark, because I sure don't know which direction I'm traveling in.  This alternately amuses and exasperates Mr.C.  No one is ever surprised when I get lost...

Ummm, These days I RELY on SIRI   SIRI TAKE ME TO ..........................

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

You got me beat and I though I was old, 1940.

Yeah, but the BROOKLYN NY part

• Haha 2

Getting older and stuff doesn't work like it use to. I have spent most of my life outdoors and worked hard all my life and having to slow down or stop doing some things is a little embarrassing to me.

At least I have been waking up every morning so far.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Hell yeah, spicy queso popped corners.

I love corn poppers. Haven't tried the spicy queso, though.

Btw, for those whose back has popped. Your problem and solution could be the same as mine. Stretched Achilles. Taken care of with arch supports since 1986. No arch support, low back pops. Wear arch supports, no problem.

And I'm nowhere near flat-footed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAKA said:

Gee, and I thought I was unique...(Incredible pain from a sneeze), but then again I'm MUCH older than "you guys"    Born in BROOKLYN NY in 1935...you figger it out

I broke a rib from a sneeze. And I was about 35. I was on a job site, in my Jeep, eating lunch. I sneezed and felt a pop in my side and wicked pain. I thought I had been shot. A real possibility in that neighborhood. 

Doc said lots of people break ribs from a sneeze. Usually sitting. If everything is just right you exhale on the sneeze and immediately inhale. The rib can’t flex that fast and cracks. 

• Like 1

I did get out there and cut a cord of firewood today. Drove the F250 through the brush on a lake lot I own and bucked up several downed beetle killed spruce trees. Loaded them in the truck and brought them home. Ran the larger pieces through the log splitter and stacked it all in the wood shed. Then rewarded myself with several chilled adult beverages. Then scarfed down some moose steak, basil carrots, and potatoes. Binge watched some tv while I worked my upper body with dumbells for an hour. Yeah, maybe I could still kick some ass.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Maccabeus said:

Well, this thread is just full of cheer and sunshine, isn't it?  I'm really looking forward to the last few decades of my life now.

Don't let it get you down. It's just old guys bitchin' about stuff, and essentially bragging because we're still here despite life's injuries. When they stop bitchin' is the time to worry. Your old age will be just like your young age and middle age - mostly fun with occasional bumps in the road. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Forewarned is forearmed.

There are manuals that describe what can be abnormal as you age. It starts with the 30-volume set "What happens when you hit 50". Lovely embroidered edition. Problem is that it grows by one volume per year, so by the time you purchase "What happens when you hit 60", it's already a 40-volume set. And so forth.

I believe they sell it on Amazon. Or in Facebook Market under "Estate Sales".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 8:57 PM, crockett said:

I managed to explode a hemorrhoid by pressing like an idiot for 5 minutes straight. For a moment I thought I'm going to bleed out right there on the shitter. Does that count for something?

Buncha old geezers!

On 7/27/2021 at 8:57 PM, crockett said:

I managed to explode a hemorrhoid by pressing like an idiot for 5 minutes straight. For a moment I thought I'm going to bleed out right there on the shitter. Does that count for something?

Buncha old geezers!

Reading the first sentence I thought perhaps this involved a flaming liberal.   But I digress.  

• Haha 3

Really not much that you can do about it...

Just because your HEAD says...I CAN DO THAT, don't believe it  it's really saying I USED TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT.

The parts of your body below you head just laugh...OH YEAH 🤣

On 7/28/2021 at 10:17 AM, Maccabeus said:

Well, this thread is just full of cheer and sunshine, isn't it?  I'm really looking forward to the last few decades of my life now.

Don't let them fool you.   I'm 48...and have enjoyed wrecking myself.    :) It could happen sooner than you think!

• Like 1