Thanksgiving During Covid??

FullClip

Has the whole Wu-Flu deal gonna' change your plans for Thanksgiving??

I'm gonna' go to my older brother's place this year.  Normally I go to my older sister's house....she's a wicked good cooker for sure, but she's freaking on the Covid Cooties.

I figure at my brother's place we can have some fun, and he's gonna' fry the bird...I've never had it that way and it may be fun to see those firemen when things go wrong.

Are you hunkering down, or carrying on as normal for your Turkey this year??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FullClip said:

Has the whole Wu-Flu deal gonna' change your plans for Thanksgiving??

I'm gonna' go to my older brother's place this year.  Normally I go to my older sister's house....she's a wicked good cooker for sure, but she's freaking on the Covid Cooties.

I figure at my brother's place we can have some fun, and he's gonna' fry the bird...I've never had it that way and it may be fun to see those firemen when things go wrong.

Are you hunkering down, or carrying on as normal for your Turkey this year??

My extended family has decided to forego all Thanksgiving group festivities this year.  I don't expect Christmas will fare any better.

*******!

• Sad 2

My mother and stepfather will be having a small get together with mainly just us younger people. I kind of hate it, my grandparents are in their 80’s and I have only been able to see them once this year due to not wanting to get them sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, bigchuck83 said:

My mother and stepfather will be having a small get together with mainly just us younger people. I kind of hate it, my grandparents are in their 80’s and I have only been able to see them once this year due to not wanting to get them sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what your grand parents would want................

I am a Grand parent and I know what we want.

• Like 2

There will be a funeral for my pet turkey, Mr Gobbles. Dinner and desert are on the planner. Bring a side dish, or just show up.

LostParents and Lost-In-Laws are expected. Probably no one else. People think they are too busy.

Neighbors are invited, but we don't know ifd any of them have plans, and they usually do. We'll see how it shakes out. Either way, there isll be food, sweets, and miserable couch flopping Thursday evening.

Edited by LostinTexas

It will be just my wife and I. The kids have moved away but will be home for Christmas.

My sister in law wants to hold a big family thanksgiving dinner but at least 2-3 members of the extended family have Covid right now, a couple might have had it and several have been exposed.

I don’t need it. I don’t get along with most of them anyway. 

My family except for one brother all live nearby and we live near  a small town where there have been zero fatalities from Covid and we're bout 20 miles away from a city of 250 thousand wher ther have been 220 deaths in teh entir county but all wer not directly Covid related an many would have died if they got Pneumonia or the flu instead of Covid.

• Like 1

For years late wife and I spent Thanksgiving week on the Outer Banks. Most often just the two of us, but sometimes joined by some family and/or friends. And almost 100% of the time “the” meal was enjoyed at a local restaurant. After she passed, daughter and her husband and I went a time or two and it just faded out. She is mumbling about picking up a pre-cooked and warm it meal to eat at home. Her call, but for me I would find an open restaurant and eat there - even if only fast food. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, railfancwb said:

You are a good man. 

Thank you.

It was not until about three years ago that my family did not have someone working.   We are a service related family.   Cops, nurses, military-types.

So i treasure the fact there aren't any complications for us these days.

It's nice to pass it on when we can.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 4

We'll be staying home this year.  We've had video happy hours with the kids during all this crap, and that is really Alot of fun.  We'll do it Thanksgiving for half hour or so.  We've always been a small family.  My daughter and her husband are really out there in the public...if I get the Rona, I probably won't make it. 45 year x smoker...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

We'll be staying home this year.  We've had video happy hours with the kids during all this crap, and that is really Alot of fun.  We'll do it Thanksgiving for half hour or so.  We've always been a small family.  My daughter and her husband are really out there in the public...if I get the Rona, I probably won't make it. 45 year x smoker...

One of the things I've enjoyed actually are the chats.   I am talking to relatives all over the world because of this Crap.

I have gotten smash drunk with my favorite French uncle who tells me my French is not good sober and very poor when Scotched up.  :)

It's one of the few good things to happen this year.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3