Old Pictures

Eric

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

Interstate freeways have changed a lot. 

8687A14F-98C8-4CB2-A07A-0735B11D1C61.jpeg.2c9def1b26b8b8419d8408e90a279fcf.jpeg

That picture is an ugly reminder of my teen age driver days.  One night we were driving around trying to be cool (of course we had no prior knowledge of how to do this) and one guy told me (I'm driving) that the new divided highway past town, had just opened to traffic and we should see it.

So I drove at an unnecessarily high speed, commensurate with my age and lack of intelligence, out the country road from town to get to the New divided highway.  The first one in the state!

I got to the intersection of the county road and my headlights of the day, showed a new white stretch of concrete that just had to be the highway.  With a lack of signage, I blundered away and took a left  up the new road!

The first thing I noticed was at 60 miles an hour, I was seeing headlight coming at me.  Two pairs, side by side!  Being of limited intelligence (as I noted earlier), I suddenly whipped to the right on a crossover (thank God) before the oncoming traffic made me look like a bug on a windshield.

Brilliant as I was, now I found myself again looking at headlights coming at me, only from the opposite direction!!!

By this time I knew I was out of my element and would have given my soul for some daylight to see how to rectify this ongoing nightmare.

As luck would have it, I again saw the crossover that took me back to the same county road I entered this maze from.  I drove back into town and swore that I would return in the daylight to see what kind of hell the Minnesota Highway Department had thrust upon us hicks.

I now believe in God.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1