Random Posting

Eric

I have been watching, or more accurately, subjected to, commercials for automobiles lo these past few years and I noticed something odd about them.

You have all seen the commercials featuring the beautiful people having fun with their cars, be it pulling up at a swanky eatery -- where they always find a parking space right in front, dashing through the woods or being admired by the opposite sex as they show that, yes, they are a much better driver than Lewis Hamilton -- and prettier as well.  Then there are the smug, smirking people driving along whilst the public gazes in rapt envy.  The message is clear: you will never be as cool as that driver, even if you buy the car.

And then comes the disclaimer: cars shown on a closed circuit with professional drivers.  Do not attempt.

So, why should I buy their automobile if I can't even drive it down a city street in broad daylight unless they close the street and I hire a professional driver?

According to them, I can't operate the danged car at all.

And then you often see: European model shown.

Why the hell are you showing me a car that I can't buy unless I move to Luxembourg?

:miff:

Edited by tous
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tous said:

I have been watching, or more accurately, subjected to, commercials for automobiles lo these past few years and I noticed something odd about them.

You have all seen the commercials featuring the beautiful people having fun with their cars, be it pulling up at a swanky eatery -- where they always find a parking space right in front, dashing through the woods or being admired by the opposite sex as they show that, yes, they are a much better driver than Lewis Hamilton -- and prettier as well.  Then there are the smug, smirking people driving along whilst the public gazes in rapt envy.  The message is clear: you will never be as cool as that driver, even if you buy the car.

And then comes the disclaimer: cars shown on a closed circuit with professional drivers.

So, why should I buy their automobile if I can't even drive it down a city street in broad daylight unless they close the street and I hire a professional driver?

Why the hell are you showing me a car that I can't buy unless I move to Luxembourg?

I get up to take a leak when that garbage in on the box.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tous said:

And then comes the disclaimer: cars shown on a closed circuit with professional drivers.  Do not attempt.

Starting 6 months after I buy my new car the dealership drowns me in ads to buy another.  Apparently they believe that if I were dumb enough to buy a new one, I must be dumb enough to buy another.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Starting 6 months after I buy my new car the dealership drowns me in ads to buy another.  Apparently they believe that if I were dumb enough to buy a new one, I must be dumb enough to buy another.

Mine started sending me offers that they'd give me $4k or more trade in value for the car I tried to trade in during my last purchase, but they told me they would only give me $500 for because that's all they were going for at the dealer auctions.

2 years later insurance totaled that car out for $4k.  

I never did go back to that dealership.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic