Random Posting

Eric

George Alexander of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory reports that attorneys for Oleg Cassini phoned, saying how dare JPL put the fashion designer’s name on its Saturn probe without permission.

JPL’s lawyers replied that the Cassini spacecraft was named for Jean Dominique Cassini, an 18th century astronomer.

“There was a long silence on the other end of the phone,” Alexander said, “followed by an ‘Oh.’ ”

Talk about an argument lost in space

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4fd67c1d6a3d0c3e53d7ad29596002ef.jpg

There are “Old Thrashers Reunions” a good number of places around the country. If you can attend one nearby you might find it enjoyable.

One my daughter and I went to several years ago featured a steam - yes steam - shovel moving a pile of dirt from A to B and back again.

I have read of one further west which features a railroad steam powered rescue crane - yes again, steam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, railfancwb said:

4fd67c1d6a3d0c3e53d7ad29596002ef.jpg
There are “Old Thrashers Reunions” a good number of places around the country. If you can attend one nearby you might find it enjoyable.

One my daughter and I went to several years ago featured a steam - yes steam - shovel moving a pile of dirt from A to B and back again.

I have read of one further west which features a railroad steam powered rescue crane - yes again, steam.

This particular one is quite good and been successful for many years.  The gal that plays the saloon girl during Thrashers is the local DA during the rest of the year.

• Thanks 1

Florida man arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting stuffed 'Olaf' at Target

Florida man was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting an Olaf stuffed doll — of the wildly popular PG-rated Disney movie “Frozen” — in a Target store on Tuesday, a report said.

Cody Meader, 20, is accused of placing the popular snowman on the floor and “dry hump[ing]” it “until he ejaculated,” at the Pinellas Park store at about 2 p.m., according to an arrest affidavit obtained by thesmokinggun.com

Meader then found a stuffed unicorn in the store that he allegedly dry-humped before the cops arrived

• Sad 2

On this day: 24th October 2003 — in history.
The final Concorde flight lands at Heathrow Airport, with thousands gathered to witness the event. The supersonic planes had been in service for 27 years but were retired three years after the crash of Air France Flight 4590.
British-French turbojet-powered supersonic passenger airliner, with seating for 92 to 128 passengers. It had a maximum speed of over twice the speed of sound at Mach 2.04.
It is one of only two supersonic transports to have been operated commercially; the other is the Soviet-built Tupolev Tu-144, which operated in the late 1970s.

image.png.4dd02fa0b59ff3d9784294daa3900348.png

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic