Random Posting

Eric

So, the other day we loaded up the pickup with a bunch of random stuff from the old house and moved to the new house. One of them was an old rocking chair. We're driving up I-75 and I looked over to Mrs. G and said "Man, I feel just like Oliver Wendell Douglas".

She said "Who is Oliver Wendell Douglas?"

I said "Now I just feel old."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.79af8fae414e809ec048413ce6f3e1cf.png

That’s a swing and a miss. It basically a Krinkov with a bullpup conversion, which makes it pretty much the exact same length as a traditional Krinkov. You could replace the rear cap of the Krinkov receiver with a stumpy little butt pad and accomplish what they did, although it would be unusable for lefties, just like their bullpup.

it looks like the balance would suck and it would be awkward to operate. The Krinkov doesn’t need anyone to reimagine it. It is a damned fine weapon just the way it is and with an underfolder stock, it is hard to beat.

That bullpup Looks like a solution looking for a problem. Sometimes gunmakers need to know when to leave a tender moment alone. 

• Like 2

image.png.7a286be2adba7d8381d3ac1635023906.png

My Wife and I both served. After we got engaged, we exchanged one of our Dog Tags with each other, stung them on our own Neck Chains, and wore them from then on. We knew we’d get Article 31’s if we got caught, but our violations of Uniform Regulations and Misappropriation of Government Property were never discovered. They all hang together on a hook in our Safe. We’re approaching our 49th Anniversary In December, but we’ve been a couple over 50 years. It still feels like she’s my Girlfriend....., and that’s the truth. Semper Fi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

I learned later
The next campsight would yell,  "HOLY ****!!  DAD JUST GOT BIT BY A SNAKE!!!"
Then all the Dad's would grab their bottle of whiskey and run that way.  That's what you do for snakebites.  It cures it.  I think you pour it on it.
Then, an hour later,  the next guy would get bit!
Snakes all over the damn place!

LMAO!!!

• Thanks 1

And at Yosemite, or somewhere,  in the middle of the night,  a bear stuck his head in the tent!
Dad popped up on his haunches,  faster than anyone had ever seen him move before (probably magnificently drunk),  grabbed his Army knife..... !
The bear sniffed around.  And left.
My brother said, "Wow!  Dad!  Were you going to fight that bear?!?"
Dad said, "Hell no.  I was going to make a back door in the tent."

Your anecdote is vaguely reminiscent of something my SCUBA Instructor told the class when we were covering the purposes for which a Dive Knife was a necessity. One of the other students added, “....and you can use it if you’re attacked by a Shark!” The Instructor said, “You’re right!” “If a Shark attacks you, you can take your knife and stab yourself in the heart.” “That’s how much a Knife will help if you’re attacked by a Shark!”

• Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic