Random Posting

Eric

47 minutes ago, Eric said:

That’s a swing and a miss. It basically a Krinkov with a bullpup conversion, which makes it pretty much the exact same length as a traditional Krinkov. You could replace the rear cap of the Krinkov receiver with a stumpy little butt pad and accomplish what they did, although it would be unusable for lefties, just like their bullpup.

it looks like the balance would suck and it would be awkward to operate. The Krinkov doesn’t need anyone to reimagine it. It is a damned fine weapon just the way it is and with an underfolder stock, it is hard to beat.

That bullpup Looks like a solution looking for a problem. Sometimes gunmakers need to know when to leave a tender moment alone. 

Someone with too much money and time on there hands messing around.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, railfancwb said:

It has been suggested that “America The Beautiful” would be a better national anthem than ”Star Spangled Banner”. True or not, it won’t be changed.

"America the Beautiful" is a tribute to a continent. "The Star Spangled Banner" is a tribute to a nation and the concepts which make her great, and the people who hold those concepts dear. Those who would change the Anthem miss the point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had my nap this afternoon, and I was just pondering.

We all know that that can be trouble.

Regarding the fires in California.

By assertion, there are high-tension, mega-watt transmission lines strung all over the country.

So, why isn't the entire US land mass on fire?  :headscratch:

Also, by assertion, there have been such electricity transmission structures in Californian for more than a hundred years.

Why hasn't the entire state burned down, every year, all year long, by now?  :headscratch:

This may require two or three more naps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, tous said:

By assertion, there are high-tension, mega-watt transmission lines strung all over the country.

Also, by assertion, there have been such electricity transmission structures in Californian for more than a hundred years.

Why hasn't the entire state burned down, every year, all year long, by now?  :headscratch:

I think CA burns every year with the Santa Anna winds.  People in the rest of the country are numb to it, since it's like hearing that the people living in the flood plains are flooded again.

Oddly enough, Rapids City, So. Dakota gets those Chinook (?) winds also.

The interesting thing is that will all the emphasis on the fires, little is being said about the upcoming rains causing lots of mud slides "again", on the denuded hills.  

My first trip to CA I was amazed at how so many of the homes are stuck damned near to the sides of cliffs, then they complain when the mud slides come.

My Summer exposure to Mosquitoes seems quite bearable in comparison. 

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, tous said:

I think a lot of it may trace back to environmentalism in the state.  Not allowing brush clearing along the lines or spraying in difficult locations.  Of course they will never admit to that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tous said:

The State wants to take over the utility

so they get blamed for the fires and sued into insolvency

• Like 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic