Random Posting

Eric

9 hours ago, tous said:

I had my nap this afternoon, and I was just pondering.

We all know that that can be trouble.

Regarding the fires in California.

By assertion, there are high-tension, mega-watt transmission lines strung all over the country.

So, why isn't the entire US land mass on fire?  :headscratch:

Also, by assertion, there have been such electricity transmission structures in Californian for more than a hundred years.

Why hasn't the entire state burned down, every year, all year long, by now?  :headscratch:

This may require two or three more naps.

To carry your pondering to its logical conclusion - there have been (more or less) humans in CA for thousands of years, so why is the entire state not a steaming pile of feces by now?

Oh, wait.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, tous said:

By assertion, there are high-tension, mega-watt transmission lines strung all over the country.

So, why isn't the entire US land mass on fire?  :headscratch:

Also, by assertion, there have been such electricity transmission structures in Californian for more than a hundred years.

Why hasn't the entire state burned down, every year, all year long, by now?  :headscratch:

The power companies have said that state laws have forbidden them from clearing anything from around their transmission lines and structures, for over a decade.

(I think it's hilarious about all the bitching and complaining about the power companies voluntarily shutting off power, thereby killing many innocent people,  after they all sued the power companies for $6B for previously killing all the innocent people.)

Edited by Huaco Kid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Pisco said:

Somebody said you haven’t been well. You doing ok? Sorry I hadn’t been here in a while 

Just a bit of flu. It has just about run its course and I am almost life-like today. Just some coughing and sore throat left. Thanks for asking.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

The power companies have said that state laws have forbidden them from clearing anything from around their transmission lines and structures, for over a decade.

(I think it's hilarious about all the bitching and complaining about the power companies voluntarily shutting off power, thereby killing many innocent people,  after they all sued the power companies for $6B for previously killing all the innocent people.)

Always something about having your cake and eating it too. 

Like children that want their own way then call for their parents when their plans go to hell.

It seems that the idea that you have to compromise to get what you want, doesn't work there.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, tous said:

You're a-sayin' not to mix Robitusin with Wyler's Chicken Powder?

Now you tell me.  :miff:

Exactly how do they powder a chicken?

:biggrin:

No, those two wouldn't necessarily be trouble but when you mix them all together,projectile diarrhea. BOOM! I may be wrong but want to err on the side of the best outcome.  @NPT tim. tom. :holy-sheep:

Edited by deputy tom
  • Like 2

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, tous said:

You're a-sayin' not to mix Robitusin with Wyler's Chicken Powder?

Now you tell me.  :miff:

Exactly how do they powder a chicken?

:biggrin:

I've wondered that myself. It must make them a lot easier to transport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrators

Now I have a Loony Tunes cartoons sequence in my head of a conveyor belt with small piles of powder on it and as they pass a worker, he uses an eyedropper to put a drop of water on each pile and POOF! Chickens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic