Random Posting

Eric

I'm not sure what this bodes for the Fall I am facing, but.  The wife went into the laundry room before going to bed.  She came upstairs to tell me that she saw a mouse.

I got out a bag of D Con and a sticky trap.  I told her that she should not expect me to catch the mouse for a while.  She was concerned, but accepted my statement.

I got down on the floor by the Furnace and Water heater where she said the mouse ran to.  I put some D Con on the middle of the sticky trap and started pushing it into place. 

Before I gave it the last push to put it into the optimum position for mouse catching,  The damn mouse jumped out of his hiding place and jumped again into the middle of the stickey trap.

My wife thinks I'm a genius.  I took the trap an put it into the outside garbage can.  She said, "But it's so cute!".  I said yeah, until you realize there are millions of them.  No remorse.  But I wonder if it's going to be a good Fall for me too.  I can always hope.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.6f3b807803e06b9ea55a9fb5735c0abb.png

I talked with my doctor a few weeks ago, and told him that I am convinced that the very expensive shots I got in my knee actually made things worse, rather than better.

I told him that I believe that if the shots were given to me earlier, the deterioration in my knee was less, then the shots could have had a positive effect.  I believe the deterioration in my knee had progressed so far that the shots had no tissue to work with, and as a result, they actually made my problem worse.

His words were, "But the insurance requires …………..".  I'm left with the idea that the insurance determines the timeline and the degree of treatment and not the doctor.  The outcome is only determined by the cost, not by the physical impairment reductions.

Also, the initiation of a particular progression of treatment depends on how much you complain, rather than the impairment of your body.  Complain loud and long and treatment begins earlier and is more appropriate to the affliction.

I compare my medical treatment to my wife's, we are both old and have similar complaints.  I see a difference of night and day, between how she is listened to, and the attention given to her condition, versus mine.   

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

How so, Rellik? Didn't they have zwerlings in other calibers?

Not about the drillings, the cartridge.  

8x57, neck up, neck down from 6mm Rem, 25 Roberts,  7mm Mauser to 9.3mm Mauser.

Then it crossed the pond, and fathered the 30-03.  25-06, 270, 280 Rem, 35 Whelen, 

Post war there was the 308, 7-08, 234 Win, 22 Cheetah, .......

Somewhere in there is the 45acp.  Look at the casehead size, all .473

And on and on and on and on.................

Edited by Rellik
  • Like 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic