Random Posting

Eric

9 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

So I came home to see the weeds in my park strip bigger than ever after a couple days of rain. I have sprayed them four times in two weeks. They should be dead. I went to read the bottle of concentrated weed killer to see what I did wrong. It was full!

I just wasted $40 of concentrated spider spray on my weeds. Thank you and please tip your waiter. I’m done. 

If you want it dead, and dead NOW, mix a gallon of white vinegar, 2 cups Epsom salts, and a 14 cup dish soap.  Spray it on after the dew dries and it will be wilting by afternoon. Store the remainder for later, but be sure to give the sprayer a GOOD clean out or you'll be shopping a sprayer sooner than later. 

This isn't Roundup, and it is non discriminatory, so make sure you want it gone. It won't sterilize the soil, unless you dump a load on it, the vinegar will acidify it for a while, things will be back in a month ish. Some use real salt, but that will sterilize the soil, but if that is the goal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

If you want it dead, and dead NOW, mix a gallon of white vinegar, 2 cups Epsom salts, and a 14 cup dish soap.  Spray it on after the dew dries and it will be wilting by afternoon. Store the remainder for later, but be sure to give the sprayer a GOOD clean out or you'll be shopping a sprayer sooner than later. 

This isn't Roundup, and it is non discriminatory, so make sure you want it gone. It won't sterilize the soil, unless you dump a load on it, the vinegar will acidify it for a while, things will be back in a month ish. Some use real salt, but that will sterilize the soil, but if that is the goal.

This is where the weeds pop up. I dump salt on it and very few things grow. But in the spring weeds pop up right along the edge of the rocks because the snow washes the salt away. But at least the spiders are dead. 

IMG_4505.jpeg

• Haha 5

I just saw a commercial for GMC trucks that featured your basic twenty-something in a stylish shorty wet suit pull a surf board from the bed.

As the shot widens, it's obvious that galoot is parked by a lake, not the danged Pacific ocean.  :upeyes:

The least they could have done is show a beautiful surfer chick in a bikini preparing to hang ten in water that has little or no waves.

They think we're all idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tous said:

I just saw a commercial for GMC trucks that featured your basic twenty-something in a stylish shorty wet suit pull a surf board from the bed.

As the shot widens, it's obvious that galoot is parked by a lake, not the danged Pacific ocean.  :upeyes:

The least they could have done is show a beautiful surfer chick in a bikini preparing to hang ten in water that has little or no waves.

They think we're all idiots.

Was it a paddleboard?

Those were invented to kill rich yuppies and chefs that are thinking about talking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1