Random Posting

Eric

The Coyotes just never matured into  a good team, especially when Wayne Gretzky owned them.

Hard to keep fan support, especially in a marginal market, with a losing team year after year.

Consider, regardless of how bad, say, Toronto or Ottawa has been over the years, their fans will never stop rooting for them.

Heck, the Coyotes should have been flush with young phenoms through the draft, but they screwed even that up.

I hope it isn't the current owners just moving the franchise north.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 2

I have never really understood why St. Louis didn't got another NBA franchise after the Hawks moved to Atlanta in the early 1970s.

And why NFL teams fail to catch on after the Cardinals were swiped by Arizona.

St. Louis is a big sports town.

The old Arena and Busch Stadium were always packed.

An NHL franchise in Seattle continues to puzzle me.

NB  St. Louis swiped the Cardinals football team from Chicago.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Oh goodie! The fire department is going to detonate some dynamite found at a home a couple miles from me.

The spokesman for the department said it is “A lot, of ancient dynamite”.

Surrounding homes should survive. The home in question will not survive.

Apparently the family has known about it for years.

IMG_5393.jpeg

• Like 2

So, after the government kersplodes a house with 'a lot' of explosives, the building will be uninhabitable?

Thank goodness for government experts keeping us all safe.

NB 'unhabitable' is not a valid word.

Thank goodness for government experts keeping us all safe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This area is old multi million dollar homes on large lots. Like smaller private estates. Old money. So at least there shouldn’t be homes right next door.

I worked with explosives. I hate dynamite. It gets old and sweats. I hope the controlled detonation is a burn. Under the right conditions it will burn instead of exploding. Bad stuff when it gets old. There were a lot of small mining operations in the area. Like within 4-5 miles from there. Every couple of years they find a couple sticks. But this sounds BIG. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tous said:

As I recall, didn't Hercules Powder Company have a big factory near there?

Yes. And Nitrate Service Co. And Thiokol (explosives and solids rocket propellant). Between mining, military and other industries explosives have been heavily used and manufactured here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Nor the guilty thrill of placing calls with pennies etched to dime size in chemistry lab. 

Nitric acid leaves tobacco-like stains on fingers of schoolboys who are too young to smoke but old enough to do serious mischief.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Nitric acid leaves tobacco-like stains on fingers of schoolboys who are too young to smoke but old enough to do serious mischief.  

I was a TA in freshman chemistry labs.

If a student removed a fairly strong nitric acid reagent from under the hood, within minutes, the nylon of the girls' hose began to disintegrate from the fumes.

This was a time when wearing pants was not common amongst teen-aged girls and before panty hose.

Oh, and cold glass and hot glass look exactly the same.

Don't pick up unknown glass objects from the bench.

Many burned fingers later, they still did it.  :upeyes: