Random Posting

Eric

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.jpeg.dd2636b69b6f1db74b6d979b49555aef.jpeg

When we were first married and in our new home, I had a visit by a Fire Alarm Salesman, he was quite forceful.  He wanted to sell me a Woodsmetal triggered spring alarm like on a clock.  for $300.  I laughed at him.

He was indignant and said, "Where can you get anything better for less".  I said I would put firecrackers on the window frames and sills.  He shut up and went away!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Old dynamite tends to "weep" and is terribly dangerous to shock.  If its old enough it's too dangerous to handle.

"... Upon inspection, it was observed that the packaging of the dynamite sticks at the top of the pallet had deteriorated with weeping and sweating of nitroglycerine (NG) on to the intact dynamite below and on to the magazine floor. The dynamite was seen to date from 1984. The NG and the bulk dynamite posed an extremely high explosive hazard to recovery and neutralization efforts....",  https://www.munirem.com/recovery-and-neutralization-of-dynamite-abandoned-in-a-storage-magazine/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Old dynamite tends to "weep" and is terribly dangerous to shock.  If its old enough it's too dangerous to handle.

"... Upon inspection, it was observed that the packaging of the dynamite sticks at the top of the pallet had deteriorated with weeping and sweating of nitroglycerine (NG) on to the intact dynamite below and on to the magazine floor. The dynamite was seen to date from 1984. The NG and the bulk dynamite posed an extremely high explosive hazard to recovery and neutralization efforts....",  https://www.munirem.com/recovery-and-neutralization-of-dynamite-abandoned-in-a-storage-magazine/

That’s why I hated using it. C4 and TNT were much more stable. Even fresh it was”touchy”.  

• Thanks 1

And they talk to us about energy use................

Did You Know

NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building is so enormous that it requires air conditioning equipment, four large air handlers (four cylindrical structures west of the building), and 125 rooftop ventilators to keep moisture under control inside the building.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pipedreams said:

And the talk to use about energy use................

Did You Know

NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building is so enormous that it requires air conditioning equipment, four large air handlers (four cylindrical structures west of the building), and 125 rooftop ventilators to keep moisture under control inside the building.

It can have rain and climate change if not cooled and dried.

• Like 2