Happy Valentine's Day, Borers!

gwalchmai

Hope y'all get lots of cards and candy. Yesterday's mail didn't arrive at our house until 8PM, so somebody out there sent some billets doux to somebody. Not me, though. I always just got a rock in my little bag (it's OK, made me tough... >:( ). Fortunately, I have a date with Mrs. G tomorrow for the day-old candy at the Eckerds, or whatever they call it these days. ;) 

Y'all LLaP. 

Life Size Live Long &amp; Prosper Metal <b>Hand Sign</b>. Star Trek Mr. <b>Spock</b> ...

• Like 3

Actual conversation last night -  "Let's go out tonight to avoid crowds.  We can go to that Meskin place and sing Karaoke". 

"I was hoping to go somewhere tomorrow with a V day package"

Seeing that I was paying, we went out last night.  20yrs of bliss....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eric said:

It seems weird that a romantic holiday is named for a guy who was beaten and beheaded for marrying people.

Depends on the definition of "marrying people". If Married Person #1 finds out about MP #2 (or MP #n-1) that guy might consider beating and beheading merciful. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Depends on the definition of "marrying people". If Married Person #1 finds out about MP #2 (or MP #n-1) that guy might consider beating and beheading merciful. 

I propose a toast, to our wives and girlfriends. May they never meet!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

I propose a toast, to our wives and girlfriends. May they never meet!

Hackneyed one…

Two French men walking along, see two women walking towards them. One grabs the other, pulls him into a store, and says “Those are my wife and mistress and I don’t want them to see me!” Other one says “Funny! I was about to say the same thing!”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Batesmotel said:

I made the ultimate sacrifice.

I gave her the TV remote control for the night. 

Wife couldn't sleep last night and I guess I wasn't much help. To sleep, that is.

I got her all dressed up to kill this morning, God she looked good enough .....  Anyway, just before an appointment for taxes, she fell apart and pleaded to be able to go back to sleep..... Damn.

So I cancelled the taxes and the trip to show her off on Valentines day..........  Damn again.  She looked so good!  I am so proud of her!  Her looks and her attitude.  I love to banter with her in public.  She's the best!

So we slept all the damn day.  I swear I didn't touch her, although I wanted to.  Finally she got up around 7PM and still begged out of a trip to dinner...... Damn again!

Oh, Well.  I guess tomorrow is another day..................  Maybe next Valentines day I can show her off..........  I hate to wait.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Daughter and I were out west train chasing. Stopped for lunch at a small Mexican restaurant in a small rural community. They brought her a complementary rose in honor of Mother’s Day. 

I hate it when the waitress at our restaurant brings my wife a Rose and then tells me how much more she likes my wife than me.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2