I have a cold. :(

gwalchmai

Started sneezin' a couple of days ago. Yesterday was a single 24 hr coughing fit. Died down a little today and I'm on the mend. I vacuumed and mopped this morning and it was just about all I could do. 

But it ain't COVID. ;(

• Like 4

According to my nephew (nurse), there is a nasty rhinovirus going around that is putting people in the hospital.  Especially the elderly and those with preexisting conditions.  Be careful, and I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Woke up with a cold the day after our trip. Pretty common to have a bug after those things. Sounds a lot like what you are experiencing. The cough is annoying. It is productive and I am at half capacity so getting it up is a real pain.

Yesterday was day #4, and things were a LOT better. Not bad today. Other than the cough, I felt good yesterday.

• Like 3

6 weeks later my cough is finally subsiding,  now only a few coughs a day. 

MrsDaka had hers, really bad for about 2 months, finally better... Hang in there...  

I've heard it called the 100 day cough

Probably from the COVID jabs that I took the first time (was shamed into...NEVER AGAIN)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

6 weeks later my cough is finally subsiding,  now only a few coughs a day. 

MrsDaka had hers, really bad for about 2 months, finally better... Hang in there...  

I've heard it called the 100 day cough

Probably from the COVID jabs that I took the first time (was shamed into...NEVER AGAIN)

I think 2 years ago or such, there was a bug running around here that took a LONG time to get the  cough gone.  It sucked. Seems like it lasted a month or two. I know that wasn't from the rona shot, cause I didn't take one, but a lot of folks were down for a while with it. The good part, was you felt fine after the initial few days just that annoying cough.

• Like 3

I had the wicked cough for, like, a month.  Gone now.

(I don't get colds.  With all my travel,  I just always have one)

(one sweep through the Atlanta airport likely exposes you to all of the bugs in existence today)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3