Alec Baldwin Charged With Manslaughter

Eric

• Administrators

Alec Baldwin and 'Rust' armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed have both been charged with 2 counts each of manslaughter, in the shooting death of Halyna Hutchins. Apparently, there are two different types of manslaughter interpretations that could be brought against each of them in New Mexico and it will be up to a jury to decide if they are guilty and if so, of which interpretation of manslaughter applies. They each face up to 18 months in prison, if convicted.

ca-times.brightspotcdn.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd have lost a bet that there would be any charges.  Especially since it's been well over a year and he's done a civil settlement with the family. I can't imagine that him conceding to a settlement will help him deflect responsibility in a criminal trial. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dave514 said:

I'd have lost a bet that there would be any charges.  Especially since it's been well over a year and he's done a civil settlement with the family. I can't imagine that him conceding to a settlement will help him deflect responsibility in a criminal trial. 

Not to mention the public interviews he has done. Those will probably bite him in the ass at trial. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amputate his trigger finger.  :mallninja:

The Four Rules of gun safety can't be ignored just because somebody else gets paid to check that guns are unloaded, otherwise there would be a lot more accidents at gun shows.

If anyone, even a professional, hands you a gun and says it isn't loaded, you still have to verify that yourself. If you don't know how, you shouldn't handle guns.

Baldwin lied when he denied pulling the trigger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand his charges, but not hers. I thought someone else brought the gun onto the set and then handed the gun to him. Maybe she said something stupid too. Maybe it was her fault and she admitted it?

For sure a lot of lawyers are going to rack up a lot of billable hours now.

Wonder if this will help or hurt the film release?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

up to 18 months doesn't sound like nearly enough punishment for negligently causing the loss of a human life.

I guess that depends on how full his dance card is inside. Maybe someone will accidentally stick him in general population. They would pass him around like a pack of cigarettes. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

The Four Rules of gun safety can't be ignored just because somebody else gets paid to check that guns are unloaded, otherwise there would be a lot more accidents at gun shows.

If anyone, even a professional, hands you a gun and says it isn't loaded, you still have to verify that yourself. If you don't know how, you shouldn't handle guns.

Baldwin lied when he denied pulling the trigger.

Tuesday I was at a guy's house and he showed me a beautiful Savage/Anschutz .22 he's thinking of selling. I open the bolt and out pops a .22 RF out of the chamber and into the floor. Followed up by a full mag. 

Guy: "OOPS! I thought it was empty!"

Me: "Don't matter. Hand me empty guns all day. I treat all of them as empty."

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fog said:

I understand his charges, but not hers. I thought someone else brought the gun onto the set and then handed the gun to him. Maybe she said something stupid too. Maybe it was her fault and she admitted it?

No such thing as BAD PUBLICITY !!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 4:44 PM, Fog said:

I am the opposite.  I understand her being charged but not Baldwin and I am not a fan of Alec.  I understand the civil settlement as its his production company.  He is given  a prop gun and actors point prop guns at others all the time and few if any ask if the gun handed to them is safe.  To me, the issue is live ammo being on the set and that falls under the responsibility of the armorer, not the actor.  Now if it was true that some were plinking on break, that should have never been allowed but again, that falls on the armorer.

I think the DA is over reaching.

• Like 1