Ricordo

That's a shame. I'm sure though, that once the Russian authorities read these posts and realize how this matter will affect their social media scores they'll set things to rights toot-suite.

Personally, since the mid-50s I have operated under the STFOR protocol, and it's worked well. 

• Like 2

Sounds like a piece written by her peers.  I have little sorrow for those that break the law and those that break the law of other nations.  As bad as America seems to some, it's one of the few countries that tolerates criticism, as she is finding out. 

Some citizens are so used to speaking their mind no matter how offensive, that they forget who they are talking to.  Don't burn your bridges after you cross them!   :abovelol:

• Like 3

On 11/23/2022 at 4:45 PM, janice6 said:

Sounds like a piece written by her peers.  I have little sorrow for those that break the law and those that break the law of other nations.  As bad as America seems to some, it's one of the few countries that tolerates criticism, as she is finding out. 

Some citizens are so used to speaking their mind no matter how offensive, that they forget who they are talking to.  Don't burn your bridges after you cross them!   :abovelol:

F*** around, and Find out !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 2:53 PM, Batesmotel said:

But Americans think they have the right to do it with impunity. 

The best thing you can do,  when it starts going down in a foreign country, is to start screaming, "I'M AN AMERICAN!!  I HAVE RIGHTS!!"

They, de facto,  have to let you go.

• Haha 6

From a life of entitlement, luxury and pampered treatment, to a gulag.  If she survives, I'll bet she comes back just as disrespectful of the U.S. as before.  But my guess is that she will be a changed and embittered person.  

New details emerge on harsh conditions Brittney Griner is facing in Russian penal colony

A lot has been said about the potentially harsh conditions that WNBA star Brittney Griner could face in a Russian penal colony. Now after her transfer to IK-2 Mordovia, things could actually be much worse for her.

Survivor and activist Nadya Tolokonnikova, who served time in Russian penal colony, called IK-2 the “harshest” in the Russian prison system. According to Tolokonnikova, “Prisoners in IK-2 work in slave-like conditions…Some [prisoners] decide to commit suicide, which is not as easy in penal colony conditions.”

She also narrated the other brutal living conditions that the Phoenix Mercury player could be dealing with right now, including “16 hours work days,” beatings and tortures, as well as heavy physical labor.

Prisoners are also tasked to sew uniforms for the Russian army and police. They also “share barracks with 100 other people, with only 3-5 toilets for all, and no hot water,” and are only allowed to shower once a week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/new-details-emerge-on-harsh-conditions-brittney-griner-is-facing-in-russian-penal-colony/ar-AA14rthh?OCID=ansmsnnews11

• Thanks 3