City that approved reparations program holds Juneteenth, Gay Pride celebrations — but canceled July 4 parade

pipedreams

Well................Damm!

"Evanston, Illinois, the Chicago-suburb that made history this year by officially approving a reparations program, held a public Juneteenth celebration Saturday — but has canceled its July Fourth celebration.

Evanston commemorated the abolition of slavery with a parade and community celebration on Juneteenth — June 19, the day on which the abolition of slavery is annually celebrated — complete with art, music, and food at a local park.

There will also be a Gay Pride parade next Saturday, June 26.

The city, however, has canceled its July 4th live celebration over COVID-19, and has not indicated that it will hold similar festivities to honor America's birthday."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/evanston-juneteenth-parade-canceled-july-4?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND 2021-06-20&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

• Sad 1

I had to come up to Atlanta for work this weekend.

Atlanta and Juneteenth are not a good combo. This ain't my kinda city. Not my circus, not my- never mind.

Let's just say that these kinds of cities do things differently than how I'll do em when I'm Emperor.

• Like 1

I had a student who was an entitled little ****. Real big on the reparations thing. Massive chip on his shoulder because of slavery. 

Turned out his family came to the USA in the 1950s as diplomats from some African hell hole. The stayed under asylum when war broke out back home. 

It gets worse. His great, great something grandfather was A SLAVE TRADER! He sold captured Africans to the Europeans. 

The little **** still wanted a free pass for his bad grades and behavior because of slavery. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

I had a student who was an entitled little ****. Real big on the reparations thing. Massive chip on his shoulder because of slavery. 

Turned out his family came to the USA in the 1950s as diplomats from some African hell hole. The stayed under asylum when war broke out back home. 

It gets worse. His great, great something grandfather was A SLAVE TRADER! He sold captured Africans to the Europeans. 

The little **** still wanted a free pass for his bad grades and behavior because of slavery. 

10 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

yes, as a natural result of freeing Slaves 155 Years ago we should give Money to people who were not Born yet, nor ever Slaves....

typical MoonBat Logic..

There's a certain percentage of every population which wants something for nothing, and it will use any perceived slight as a justification for taking it (gimmedats). There's another percentage (bleedinghearts) which believes itself more sensitive and caring than the productive portion of the population . The bleedinghearts use virtue signaling to appropriate resources from the producers, ostensibly for the gimmedats. However, the bleedinghearts skim the cream for themselves. We are where we are because the bleedinghearts successfully co-opted a small but legitimate civil-rights movement in the 50s into a permanent scam on the producers. 

3 hours ago, tadbart said:

I had to come up to Atlanta for work this weekend.

Atlanta and Juneteenth are not a good combo. This ain't my kinda city. Not my circus, not my- never mind.

Freaknik will be returning soon... 

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

What about reparations for the slave-owners whose expensive slaves were freed? Is that unlikely?

Actually I like that. Reading Lincoln’s words his goal was to keep the Union intact. He didn’t care one way or the other about slavery until it became a useful tool in the war. 

• Like 1

I don't like all the BS that's going down today, but I really think reparations to slave owners is bad. If you invest in something that's morally wrong and you lose your investment you're not entitled to compensation. It's just a bad debt. Choose wisely.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 7:03 AM, gwalchmai said:

There's a certain percentage of every population which wants something for nothing, and it will use any perceived slight as a justification for taking it (gimmedats). There's another percentage (bleedinghearts) which believes itself more sensitive and caring than the productive portion of the population . The bleedinghearts use virtue signaling to appropriate resources from the producers, ostensibly for the gimmedats. However, the bleedinghearts skim the cream for themselves. We are where we are because the bleedinghearts successfully co-opted a small but legitimate civil-rights movement in the 50s into a permanent scam on the producers. 

i agree every group has a share of Gimmedats.

but i would say anyone who thinks they Deserve more because of skin Color baded solely on the Grounds that they don't like the Skin Color of others is in every sense Disgusting.

and only the simplest of minds would consider it OK to determine value based on that.

so basically The Democrats are finally willing to pay for the Slaves they owned.....:quiet:

• Like 1

It used to be funny how Democrats still have so much guilt for being slave owners and supporting segregation and Jim Crow, but now it's just pathetic how they feel that being racist to white people for no reason is somehow gonna erase their history.  Oh and by the way, slavery still exists here in America.  We just don't call them slaves, we call them migrant workers instead. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:45 PM, railfancwb said:

Actually I like that. Reading Lincoln’s words his goal was to keep the Union intact. He didn’t care one way or the other about slavery until it became a useful tool in the war. 

Still a war criminal.

17 minutes ago, Maser said:

It used to be funny how Democrats still have so much guilt for being slave owners and supporting segregation and Jim Crow, but now it's just pathetic how they feel that being racist to white people for no reason is somehow gonna erase their history.  Oh and by the way, slavery still exists here in America.  We just don't call them slaves, we call them migrant workers instead. 

I know a few who have been coming up here from Mexico for years. They go home to a pretty nice house house every October. They rent it out to other people I know for the summer and fall. Hardly slaves.

8 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i agree every group has a share of Gimmedats.

but i would say anyone who thinks they Deserve more because of skin Color baded solely on the Grounds that they don't like the Skin Color of others is in every sense Disgusting.

and only the simplest of minds would consider it OK to determine value based on that.

so basically The Democrats are finally willing to pay for the Slaves they owned.....:quiet:

No… actually the Democrats think they can make Republicans and conservatives pay for their slaves. Both historical and urban plantation ones. 

• Thanks 1