Life Lessons Learned Late

railfancwb

• Administrators

I’ve learned that medical professionals are not all-knowing and that their advice isn’t always in your best interest. They are just people, with everything that entails. You have to be your own advocate when dealing with them. Take nothing at face value. Don't be afraid to question their decisions. Don’t be afraid to say no.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Respond to attacks...no matter what

be truthful....no matter what

dont be a part of the herd...they are generally wrong 

Do you understand how seldom a person needs to respond to attacks, when he doesn’t walk around with a chip on his shoulder?

Do you understand that a person can be truthful and still exercise a little tact and consideration for others, at the same time?

Unless you want to isolate yourself from everyone else completely, you are a part of society and many social groups, including this one. You don’t get to be a part of a social group and just ignore the things that hold that social group together. Being a part of this social group means that you mind your manners. Being a part of a group means that sometimes you have to compromise. Sometimes you have to bend your stiff neck and keep your rude comments to yourself, when something rubs you the wrong way. You are a guest here and you are of course here voluntarily. So, if either one of us gets tired of the arrangement, there is a remedy.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Respond to attacks...no matter what

be truthful....no matter what

dont be a part of the herd...they are generally wrong 

Don't you agree though, that when you're flat on your back in a hospital bed this sometimes maladjusted herd is not such a bad thing to be a part of? Heck, even the ones I usually disagree with are good to hear from now and then. And when they're wrong, sometimes they're right but I just don't realize it. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 10:08 PM, Eric said:

I’ve learned that medical professionals are not all-knowing and that their advice isn’t always in your best interest. They are just people, with everything that entails. You have to be your own advocate when dealing with them. Take nothing at face value. Don't be afraid to question their decisions. Don’t be afraid to say no.

I spent my life trying to tell BS from Shinola.  I finally found a Doctor that will discuss our mutual diagnosis.  I'm not a medical person, but I can put facts together.

A different Doctor I had looked at a plot I had with 2,000 data points over two years,  he pointed at one, then said, "That point worries me".  I left him!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I spent my life trying to tell BS from Shinola.  I finally found a Doctor that will discuss our mutual diagnosis.  I'm not a medical person, but I can put facts together.

A different Doctor I had looked at a plot I had with 2,000 data points over two years,  he pointed at one, then said, "That point worries me".  I left him!

Necessary evil. Damn good money in it too. So fucked up that "follow the money" doesn't work for us peasants. Nothing but dead ends.

• Like 1