Sean Connery is gone

Mrs.Cicero

1 minute ago, Ricordo said:

Hopefully, I'll finally get to watch a Bond film in its entirety, from beginning to end. Instead of in snippets here and there.

It would be nice if it happens in order of his performances. That character fit him to a T.

I own duplicates of all 007 movies, DVD and VHS tape. tom.

• Like 7

One that almost no one mentions has him and - surprise - an attractive young lady researching tropical plants and critters for possible medicinal uses. They were working - another surprise - one step ahead of the clear cutters. Curiously I’m not sure of the title, but think it was Medicine Man or Medicine Doctor 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

One that almost no one mentions has him and - surprise - an attractive young lady researching tropical plants and critters for possible medicinal uses. They were working - another surprise - one step ahead of the clear cutters. Curiously I’m not sure of the title, but think it was Medicine Man or Medicine Doctor 

Medicine Man was the title.  I liked that movie.  Have not seen it on in years.  Dave

He had an incredible memory. He would remember people he had worked with years earlier. Not celebrities but just guys on the crew. He could remember names and personal things about them. He would be the first to say hi and ask how they were doing.

I got to work with someone close to him. I was told he was very distraught when his memory started to go because of the people he knew and the relationships he was forgetting. 

I don’t see anyone able to replace him as an actor. Great actors are master story tellers and we are losing the best we ever had. 

• Like 4

I doubt that letter is authentic. The date is supposed to be the late 1990s. The typewriter (!) font is from a couple of decades prior and even many high school kids had ink-jet printers at that time. Typewriters were an anachronism then, as they are now. Steve Jobs full legal name was Steven Paul Jobs, not spelled "Stephen". ip codes were ubiquitous in the late 1990s and would have been on such a business letter of the time.

Secondly, Sean Connery did not own the "007" logo, Danjaq, LLC does and they are owned by Barbara Broccoli and her family. Mr. Connery was done with the Bond character in 1983 with the film - "Never Say Never".  Danjaq, LLC would not allow any of their actors, past or present, to control and or use the "007" logo on personal stationary. An actor could besmirch their intellectual property and this letter certainly would do so, thus devaluing their brand. The narrative of the letter is beyond brusque, it is inferentially insulting.

Rarely do heads of major corporations do their own direct soliciting for spokespeople, they have attorneys and people that specialize in marketing do that. Likewise, Mr. Connery would have his managerial team deal with requests for endorsements. While he would make the decision to approve or deny the action, it would not come from his desk directly.

I say it is a fake.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 1:27 AM, blueiron said:

I say it is a fake.

Probably never know...BUT...

Bond used a Rolex in several movies: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Live and Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun, Licence to Kill, The Living Daylights.

I have worn a Rolex most of my life.   They are the most ACCURATE watch on the planet!!  They are OFF the EXACT amount of minutes...EVERY month!!!