Can I slap the drama queens upside the head?

Mrs.Cicero

I'd just like to register my disappointment with the number of people in my life whining about how the virus has "wrecked their lives" or "ruined their children's childhood" when neither they nor anyone they know has actually died of the virus.  Teach your kids to deal with the world as it is instead of teaching them to whine about how unfair it is that they don't get to go to prom or have a graduation ceremony or finish their athletic season.  Yes, it sucks.  Yes, IF YOU ARE THE CHILD you can shed a few tears of disappointment (I've got one kid who isn't going to Jr Olympics or the World Championship this year (she went last year, so this isn't pie in the sky talk) but she is 18 and understands **** happens but no one she knows has died, and her life will go on, and she can keep training and try again next year if she decides it is worth her efforts.  However, if you are an adult, act like it.  Stop telling your graduating seniors that they are being deprived of some Uber-necessary rite of passage.  Tell them the real rite of passage is in how they deal with the Real World, and if they spend the rest of their lives feeling like they've been gypped by the unfairness of life, they are CHOOSING to be unhappy and bitter people.  

Yeah, for sure I've been told I lack compassion, and don't I understand that we should all be willing to let old people die a month or two sooner than they would anyway in order to give the children a normal senior send-off (yes, really) and blah, blah, blah.  Well, I think the shelter-in-place is stupid, and my 80+ year old parents should self-quarantine along with anyone else at risk, and the rest of us should get on with our lives and save the economy, but I'm still disgusted with the number of people who are blaming old people for this.  And more disgusted with the number of drama queens teaching their children to be a bunch of entitled whiny twits.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Slap away!  I can't stand the people who can't figure out they have options besides youtube and netflix.    Those who refuse to do something for themselves.

However, another month of this crap and i'm going to join the French Foreign Legion.  I've about had enough of this slowness as well as the drama queens.

Think about that uniform with all its charm.

Just two more weeks, or more,  and it's au revoir cheri

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Again, Slap Away. 

We have idiotic Power Mommies Here that are freaking out because that are convinced that their 4th grader has lost all hope of getting into medical school because they had to do a couple months of home school. 

A few days ago one guy yelled at me for going the wrong way down the one way aisles in the grocery store. I only backed up a couple feet to grab something. He wasn’t even in the aisle. He was at the intersection with the aisle in the back of the store. 

One of my idiot neighbors is mad at everyone for mowing their lawns or doing anything outside in their own yards away from anyone. 

Another neighborhood idiot thinks she is the only one allowed to walk her dog. She is pissed at me for cleaning my garage with the doors open and the radio on. I think my music choice is what set her off. 

People are showing their true colors. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'd just like to register my disappointment with the number of people in my life whining about how the virus has "wrecked their lives" or "ruined their children's childhood" when neither they nor anyone they know has actually died of the virus.  Teach your kids to deal with the world as it is instead of teaching them to whine about how unfair it is that they don't get to go to prom or have a graduation ceremony or finish their athletic season.  Yes, it sucks.  Yes, IF YOU ARE THE CHILD you can shed a few tears of disappointment (I've got one kid who isn't going to Jr Olympics or the World Championship this year (she went last year, so this isn't pie in the sky talk) but she is 18 and understands **** happens but no one she knows has died, and her life will go on, and she can keep training and try again next year if she decides it is worth her efforts.  However, if you are an adult, act like it.  Stop telling your graduating seniors that they are being deprived of some Uber-necessary rite of passage.  Tell them the real rite of passage is in how they deal with the Real World, and if they spend the rest of their lives feeling like they've been gypped by the unfairness of life, they are CHOOSING to be unhappy and bitter people.  

Yeah, for sure I've been told I lack compassion, and don't I understand that we should all be willing to let old people die a month or two sooner than they would anyway in order to give the children a normal senior send-off (yes, really) and blah, blah, blah.  Well, I think the shelter-in-place is stupid, and my 80+ year old parents should self-quarantine along with anyone else at risk, and the rest of us should get on with our lives and save the economy, but I'm still disgusted with the number of people who are blaming old people for this.  And more disgusted with the number of drama queens teaching their children to be a bunch of entitled whiny twits.

From a sociological stand point, ceremonies are important, we even lack a few we should have. Is it the end of the world, by no means.

You are right on point though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Again, Slap Away. 

We have idiotic Power Mommies Here that are freaking out because that are convinced that their 4th grader has lost all hope of getting into medical school because they had to do a couple months of home school. 

A few days ago one guy yelled at me for going the wrong way down the one way aisles in the grocery store. I only backed up a couple feet to grab something. He wasn’t even in the aisle. He was at the intersection with the aisle in the back of the store. 

One of my idiot neighbors is mad at everyone for mowing their lawns or doing anything outside in their own yards away from anyone. 

Another neighborhood idiot thinks she is the only one allowed to walk her dog. She is pissed at me for cleaning my garage with the doors open and the radio on. I think my music choice is what set her off. 

MAN! You’re in a trifling neighborhood.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

A few weeks quarantine just brings out the "best" in people don't it?  Damn though...sounds like you live in a rough hood!!! :S

We have all sorts of walkers, runners and Dog Walkers, up and down our street in the evening and early morning....don't even know half of them. 

Pretty sure they are from the adjoining hood.  We even wave and shout at our neighbors when we see em out.  Just shared some of my Masks with my friend across the street.  He said...."Just put em on the bush, I'll come get em"!  I walked over and put em on the hood of his truck....come on....

It was a GREAT DAY!  I even scored two lbs of Pre-cooked Bacon at Costco!!!!  AND a Whole Block of Paper Towels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancinsmiley:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Thank you, Ma'am. tom. :cowboy2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The news media got these people this way.  I sick of seeing the talking heads come on and the first thing to come out of their mouths is  "
XXXX DEAD DUE TO COVID VIRUS".  What so sickening is the excitement and glee in their voices.  Then they don't tell you how many people in that same locale die in a normal year.

I'm pretty disgusted with the human race because of this crap.  So few people seem to be able to think for themselves today, and then they believe every lie they hear on the new.  Society today is so damn pathetic.

I have to make another liquor store run soon, and my wife says it damn well better be quick just so I'll leave her alone.  

( you know I won't leave her alone, and she says that with a grin)

Edited by janice6
  • Like 5

I will say.  When this weekend comes along i'm filling my .45, my flask, my cigar carrier...and going for a freakin long hike.

Needs me some away and out doors.

Been hitin the weights nicely, though.  Been walking 45 minutes and running 45.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

MAN! You’re in a trifling neighborhood.

We have a few people left who were the original buyers when the houses were built. They think they should be able to tell the rest of us how to live. 

The old lady with the dog is upset she had to move in with her sons family. She takes it out on other people. This shelter in place stuff has given her a platform. 

Fortunately the worst of the original owners are gone and replace with real cool young families. Overall great neighborhood. 

• Like 5

Slap away. People are losing their ****, being irrational. I know most folks aren't prep minded, and many can't afford to miss even a single day of work without financial hardship, so I get that these times are stressful. But come on. Bitching about graduations and proms, as opposed to accepting something between an inconvenience and a social responsibility, it's getting a bit old. One can only wonder how they would act in a truly society-altering event, like a nuke or EMP, a plague with a much higher mortality, or an invasion of the American mainland.

Alfred Henry Louis said we are only 9 meals away from anarchy. I believe him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

don't slap!

you might hurt your hand, borrow one of my Lighter Black Jacks...

i think it sucks some may miss Graduation and Weddings are canceled.

they should be Grateful enough to be alive to Bitch about it..

can you Imagine the Bitchery if this happened in Summer?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

If I started slappin I would not stop.  This has got me totally pissed.  We will be paying for this overblown **** show for YEARS.  I did not even want to go to graduations but there was no reason to cancel them  They should have warned they might be cancelled and looked at plans to postpone them.  Also options for more distanced graduations ceremonies with internet feed for grandparents to watch without exposure.  But they did not want to solve the problem, they just wanted to control you.  If they had not cancelled I think they could have run them as normal.  Everyone seems to be realizing this was completely overblown.  I think it should be mostly over before the end of next week.  School may not restart until next school year and restaurants have limited opening but everything else should be going back to work.

My opinion of humanity was low and now it is much worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I told about the Virus Jackboots in a previous post.

A mile down the road, is another grocery store.  No rules.  No floor markings.  No construction tape.  No enclosure booths.  No reprimands.

It seems you can just go in.  And shop.  It was disgusting.  People will die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Historian said:

I will say.  When this weekend comes along i'm filling my .45, my flask, my cigar carrier...and going for a freakin long hike.

Needs me some away and out doors.

Been hitin the weights nicely, though.  Been walking 45 minutes and running 45.

Your magic number seems to be 45...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I told about the Virus Jackboots in a previous post.

A mile down the road, is another grocery store.  No rules.  No floor markings.  No construction tape.  No enclosure booths.  No reprimands.

It seems you can just go in.  And shop.  It was disgusting.  People will die.

Everyone will die.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Is it ok if I pull out a lawn chair, relax with an adult beverage, and watch the slap fest? ?

hey  AL  let me join ya  , take the boat out , do some fishing ,  and chill .    

times like this living on a farm  is heaven .   hanging out ,   ofcourse  just one week into berry season , but we got picked over .  we wont open for next 2 days because red berries are gone  and thats 5 acres /   learning curve  to deal with covid   but nothing  major .  we now have instituted  a drive thru  ,   and free delivery  within 5 miles .  we are ahead in sales from previous years .   

few new rules .  we  now  only do   already picked berries   but took 75 cent off the we pick price .  so  its in line with price as if you picked yourself . 

and no children  are allowed   ,well Piper but she is only allowed after close   and can only pick berries  not run around touching stuff .  we had co op orders today  

300 small quart baskets  .  /  my daughter and SIL  have been laid off for next 2 weeks .  so im helping them out and they help with deliveries . he works at CAT  building skid steers  and she works as office manager at docs office

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Again, Slap Away. 

neighbors  ??? ive heard this word before  but do not know what it is    .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1