Can I slap the drama queens upside the head?

Mrs.Cicero

8 hours ago, ASH said:

times like this living on a farm  is heaven

I'm ready to sell the house, sell the car, and move to John Deere country.

There's a serious need for space.  Right now i wave to my neighbors when i take a leak off the back porch.   The fence keeps them from knowing my true feelings.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

my youngest daughter and her hubby live in jacksonville  FL.  THEY BUILT A HOUSE IN HOA  . i was like nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  i  hate visiting  i dread  it everytime we go down .  love my family but despise where  they live,   she does not care for  it , but he was a marine  and everything is structured  but seems to me you would want the opposite . but thats there life .   

he is in battle right now to fly a flag ,   and keep the doorway walk way they built , they got a ticket saying it does not comply.   no ******* way id live like that .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ASH said:

my youngest daughter and her hubby live in jacksonville  FL.  THEY BUILT A HOUSE IN HOA  . i was like nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  i  hate visiting  i dread  it everytime we go down .  love my family but despise where  they live,   she does not care for  it , but he was a marine  and everything is structured  but seems to me you would want the opposite . but thats there life .   

he is in battle right now to fly a flag ,   and keep the doorway walk way they built , they got a ticket saying it does not comply.   no ******* way id live like that .

Nobody else's rights are superior to mine.  I know I'm a radical.

• Like 3

New York city waited one week longer to shelter in place than Santa Clara County in California.  The result?  New York City has had 8,000 deaths while Santa Clara has had 65 deaths.  I know N.Y. city has a lot more population density, but the difference is huge. 

N.Y. city has 1,000 deaths per million where

Santa Clara county has 34 deaths per million.

What a difference a week of sheltering in place makes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

New York city waited one week longer to shelter in place than Santa Clara County in California.  The result?  New York City has had 8,000 deaths while Santa Clara has had 65 deaths.  I know N.Y. city has a lot more population density, but the difference is huge. 

Santa Clara County has a population density of 1,400 persons per square mile.  

New York City has a population density of 28,211 persons per square mile.

One would expect that with the significant difference in population density, that New York city would have a higher transmission rate also, no matter what you did, since the people are packed closer together.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

One would expect that with the significant difference in population density, that New York city would have a higher transmission rate also, no matter what you did, since the people are packed closer together.

That was one of the problems in China and in Italy. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Santa Clara County has a population density of 1,400 persons per square mile.  

New York City has a population density of 28,211 persons per square mile.

IT is more than just that.  India and Pakistan are much more dense and still have low numbers.  Pakistan may not have a lot of China visitors but India does.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

IT is more than just that.  India and Pakistan are much more dense and still have low numbers.  Pakistan may not have a lot of China visitors but India does.

Let alone with places with poor infrastructure and medical needs.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Historian said:

Let alone with places with poor infrastructure and medical needs.  

Poverty also means that people die without being diagnosed or treated, so the numbers from various countries may not reflect the real cause.

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Sure the local people know how many are dead, but the government doesn't care.

Probably not but the bed wetting media does.  Someone would tweet it or tiktok it but they haven't because it isn't there. 

Do you think the homeless are distancing and washing their hands?  Where are the stacks of deal homeless?  They aren't there and you know damn well the first dead homeless guy with a sniffle would be all over the news.

We are missing something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, ASH said:

he is in battle right now to fly a flag ,   and keep the doorway walk way they built , they got a ticket saying it does not comply.   no ****ing way id live like that .

He or she should become a member of the HOA governing body. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, minervadoe said:

The population mix could also play a part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

That might - or might not - be a good location for a Railfan.

It IS an outstanding and reliable observation point to KNOW the situation of the economy. It has been down for maintenance for a couple months now and they been working on it pretty regular.

• Like 1