Anybody looking like a hippie yet?

Al Czervik

8 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

I have somewhat long, but usually very well kept hair (chicks dig it).  But, with everything shut down, I'm starting to look like a garden variety hippie.  Anyone else? ?

I always look like a hippie.  Well, except maybe for the gun at my hip.  But I can cover that with some hippie looking clothes if I have to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I always look like a hippie.  Well, except maybe for the gun at my hip.  But I can cover that with some hippie looking clothes if I have to.

Mine is generally in my pocket for the extra surprise of, "hey man, you ain't no hippie!" ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm still the standard of well dressed modern man.  Jeans + T shirt in the Summer, Jeans + T shirt + sweatshirt, in the Winter.  Everybody else dresses above or below my standard.

My wife says my standard is "Grubby".

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

I'm still the standard of well dressed modern man.  Jeans + T shirt in the Summer, Jeans + T shirt + sweatshirt, in the Winter.  Everybody else dresses above or below my standard.

My wife says my standard is "Grubby".

I am fancy, I go for lined cargo pants in the winter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting there. Usually get a haircut monthly. Well, this plague has me a good bit out of sync, and my normal place is closed. I use a #3 guard on the sides, and keep it a little longer and kinda spikey on top. I hate hair touching my ears, which it is now doing. And this beard- Being out of work for a while, it has gotten out of control.

I just applied for a covid contract down in Miami. If I get selected, the beard goes. That way, proper PPE mask fit is more likely. Might keep the lamb chops, though. We'll see.

I think I'll address my ear-ritation today. Just trim up around the ears. I know better than to attempt my own haircut.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I am fancy, I go for lined cargo pants in the winter. 

I did try a pair this Winter!  Sam's had them for $20, I guess they didn't sell well in another market.

However, they were really warm on below zero days and in the nights when I shovel snow from my driveway.

I bought two pair, the second a size larger in case they would shrink in the wash.  Amazingly they didn't,even a little bit.  So now I have one pair to wear and one pair that are too big.

8 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

How in the world do you keep your copper so purdy?  I accepted patina 20 years ago.  :)

Barkeepers Friend. It is not just an abrasive scouring powder. When it mixes with water it becomes chemically active.  It deoxidizes the tarnish. Most of my copper was bought used. Most of that was in real bad shape. Think salvaged from granny’s basement when the kids cleaned out the estate.

It took a lot of scrubbing to get them looking good again but keeping them clean is easy with it.

I use it on copper and stainless pans and it takes mineral buildup off of the sink. It’s great on everything. I even used it very gently on car windows with salt scum from winter  roads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Historian said:

Seriously nice kitchen and storage.   You have some excellent copper cooking equipment....and I bet gas.

You sir, like to cook, and do it well.

The storage is largely from a bad back. It’s hard to bend over do one day I just built racks and hung everything. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zonny said:

My hair’s okay but dear Lord, look at my nails!!!

F77852AB-C148-4E4C-8B27-F105AA112062.jpeg

Cool.  I Buy fancy fake nails for my granddaughters, as I said before, on is going into graduate school and one is in High school so they are required tools of the trade.

They have grown a while since the manicure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Barkeepers Friend. It is not just an abrasive scouring powder. When it mixes with water it becomes chemically active.  It deoxidizes the tarnish. Most of my copper was bought used. Most of that was in real bad shape. Think salvaged from granny’s basement when the kids cleaned out the estate.

Nice.  I have some of that.   The last two days I've been polishing an old WWII artillery shell.  I found ketchup did a nice job removing bulk tarnish of over 70 years.  Brasso wasn't cutting it.

What?  You guys think that's odd?  I thought everyone polished their shells.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ive looked like a hippie for a few years lol . hair is down to my mid chest all same lenght . no mullets lol .  and big old gray beard .   

ive semi unretired april thru june  doing berries , my nephew took over all duties but was worried and didnt know how to handle this covid .  every farmer 

who sell goods  had a visit from ag task force to train us  in place to do business .   basically everyone working must wear mask ,  and you can pick your own 

berries    as usual or buy already picked .the already picked  is handled thru a drive thru system .   

my grandkid  Piper was first customer yesterday  we open tomorrow for business.  she will not be there while open  .   just in case  

92701403_10157236761550838_461698427290386432_n.jpg

92659163_10157236761380838_2028184506082525184_n.jpg

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Historian said:

Nice.  I have some of that.   The last two days I've been polishing an old WWII artillery shell.  I found ketchup did a nice job removing bulk tarnish of over 70 years.  Brasso wasn't cutting it.

What?  You guys think that's odd?  I thought everyone polished their shells.

Well...………..  We actually, didn't call them our "shells".