Anybody looking like a hippie yet?

Al Czervik

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

I work among ER nurses, who are, to an individual, pretty keen on personal hygiene. That stated, many of our patients are NOT.  Pigs seem happy in their mire.

My examples aren't nurses but technical staff.  The problem is mostly with a weak supervisor.  HR policy requires an employee to be clean and appropriately dressed.  Our supervisor is a spineless coward, and whenever I point out the funk, he says his sinuses are stopped up and he can't smell it.  I have no doubt the clinical staff are held to the policy.

As for patients, they certainly do stink.  But in their defense they are sick.  They may not have been able to bathe before coming in.  The oddest thing about where I work is that the same funk is throughout the hospital.  The same funky smell in ER is on Med-Surg, ICU, and everywhere.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PPQer said:

My examples aren't nurses but technical staff.  The problem is mostly with a weak supervisor.  HR policy requires an employee to be clean and appropriately dressed.  Our supervisor is a spineless coward, and whenever I point out the funk, he says his sinuses are stopped up and he can't smell it.  I have no doubt the clinical staff are held to the policy.

As for patients, they certainly do stink.  But in their defense they are sick.  They may not have been able to bathe before coming in.  The oddest thing about where I work is that the same funk is throughout the hospital.  The same funky smell in ER is on Med-Surg, ICU, and everywhere.  

Maybe it's the mop water, not the clientele.

And we both know there's a difference between 1 day funk (in the case of an unexpected illness or injury), and chronic blackfoot funk from persistent poor hygiene choices...

• Like 2

I'm starting to look a little ragged. I'll shave every few days just because, even though I haven't really been going anywhere. Might have a few beers and take the electric razor to my head sometime in the next week or so? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I have the vintage Andis clippers my dad used on me. With all the attachments. I'm good.

I believe my wife has clipped my hair for a year longer than we've been married....  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:30 PM, Batesmotel said:

Barkeepers Friend. It is not just an abrasive scouring powder. When it mixes with water it becomes chemically active.  It deoxidizes the tarnish. Most of my copper was bought used. Most of that was in real bad shape. Think salvaged from granny’s basement when the kids cleaned out the estate.

It took a lot of scrubbing to get them looking good again but keeping them clean is easy with it.

I use it on copper and stainless pans and it takes mineral buildup off of the sink. It’s great on everything. I even used it very gently on car windows with salt scum from winter  roads. 

Dang it Bates!!!!

Where has this stuff been all my life?  Now, I am cleaning and polishing stuff all fracking day.

• Like 2