Anybody looking like a hippie yet?

Al Czervik

6 minutes ago, ASH said:

ive looked like a hippie for a few years lol . hair is down to my mid chest all same lenght . no mullets lol .  and big old gray beard .   

ive semi unretired april thru june  doing berries , my nephew took over all duties but was worried and didnt know how to handle this covid .  every farmer 

who sell goods  had a visit from ag task force to train us  in place to do business .   basically everyone working must wear mask ,  and you can pick your own 

berries    as usual or buy already picked .the already picked  is handled thru a drive thru system .   

my grandkid  Piper was first customer yesterday  we open tomorrow for business.  she will not be there while open  .   just in case  

92701403_10157236761550838_461698427290386432_n.jpg

92659163_10157236761380838_2028184506082525184_n.jpg

That's an adorable combination.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ASH said:

id  Piper was first customer yesterday  we open tomorrow for business.  she will not be there while open  .   just in case  

That a precious little person.  ?  I really think she likes that strawberry.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Historian said:

That a precious little person.  ?

thank you ,  she is my heart and growing up wayyyy to fast.  its a toss up of berries and maters for her favorite and always wants to take jeep down the dirt road to pick maters from greenhouse  . she can eat 4  right of the vine lol 

83020885_10156992459025838_8791917837254918144_n.jpg

82488958_10156982116915838_8853059780499996672_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ASH said:

ive looked like a hippie for a few years lol . hair is down to my mid chest all same lenght . no mullets lol .  and big old gray beard .   

ive semi unretired april thru june  doing berries , my nephew took over all duties but was worried and didnt know how to handle this covid .  every farmer 

who sell goods  had a visit from ag task force to train us  in place to do business .   basically everyone working must wear mask ,  and you can pick your own 

berries    as usual or buy already picked .the already picked  is handled thru a drive thru system .   

my grandkid  Piper was first customer yesterday  we open tomorrow for business.  she will not be there while open  .   just in case  

92701403_10157236761550838_461698427290386432_n.jpg

the Strawberry`s with the Strawberry Dress is Great!

• Like 1

I cut the fuzz on my scalp myself, so that snot an issue.  On the bright side, they're making us wear a mask all day so I only have to wash half my face, don't have to brush my teeth, or use a toothpick after I eat.  If we start wearing hazmat suits, I won't even have to take a shower.?

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, PPQer said:

I cut the fuzz on my scalp myself, so that snot an issue.  On the bright side, they're making us wear a mask all day so I only have to wash half my face, don't have to brush my teeth, or use a toothpick after I eat.  If we start wearing hazmat suits, I won't even have to take a shower.?

And they think that the "bugs" of today are a problem!~  Wait till they see what you can conjure up on your own!?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ASH said:

thank you ,  she is my heart and growing up wayyyy to fast.  its a toss up of berries and maters for her favorite and always wants to take jeep down the dirt road to pick maters from greenhouse  . she can eat 4  right of the vine lol

Yeah,  I have a soft spot in my heart for little people.  They are what's right in the world.  She's lucky to have you in her life. 

Good to see she's eating healthy too.

Little Historian used to love to eat cherry maters from our garden...right off the vine.

And quite frankly.   When they are that fresh.  You really don't need to do anything to them.   I love them with a little olive oil and a touch of salt.  Perfectly, they are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PPQer said:

you sure you wanna be cooped up in a hazmat suit with all of your own... flora???

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:21 AM, janice6 said:

I bought two pair, the second a size larger in case they would shrink in the wash.  Amazingly they didn't,even a little bit.  So now I have one pair to wear and one pair that are too big.

I often do that so I can double-layer.

I've got one pair of wool-lined pants.  Excellent.

But when really cold,  I've got some surplus euro-mil wool pants.  They weigh, like, five pounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ASH said:

They got the camera ready and gave our grandbaby (about 1 1/2 yo then) half of a lemon,  just to video his reaction.  He made "the face", big time, and it was hilarious.  But then he just kept on eating.  He gnawed on it for 1/2 hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

you sure you wanna be cooped up in a hazmat suit with all of your own... flora???

You ever work around someone who doesn't bathe before coming to work?  Apparently, we get accustomed to our own emanations and it's not noticeable.  I recently worked with a 67 year old who would get out of bed and come straight to work.  You could tell by the smell.  When I would ask if his water had been cut off, he would look at me with a strange look.  When I would elaborate on him not bathing, he would get a stupid look on his face.  He didn't get it because he couldn't smell himself.  But he never said he takes a shower every morning. 

Another 74 year old at work overdoes it with loud floral cologne that smells like a New Orleans hooker, but you can still smell the underlying BO and urine.  When I say something to him, he says I'm full of sheet.  I try to tell him when people can smell you coming, you're wearing too much perfume.  30 minutes after he leaves the dept, I can still smell him.

You would think if you don't bathe before work, and a coworker says something about it without having been told you didn't, that person would start bathing before work.  You would be wrong.

I've come to believe a person is nose blind to their own funk.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, janice6 said:

I did try a pair this Winter!  Sam's had them for $20, I guess they didn't sell well in another market.

However, they were really warm on below zero days and in the nights when I shovel snow from my driveway.

I bought two pair, the second a size larger in case they would shrink in the wash.  Amazingly they didn't,even a little bit.  So now I have one pair to wear and one pair that are too big.

The too big pair will be useful when you pack heat inside the waistband - unless you are already doing this with the right size pants. In that case the too large pair would allow two gun IWB. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

The too big pair will be useful when you pack heat inside the waistband - unless you are already doing this with the right size pants. In that case the too large pair would allow two gun IWB. 

Yep.  "Right size is added 2 inches for gun".

2 hours ago, PPQer said:

You ever work around someone who doesn't bathe before coming to work?  Apparently, we get accustomed to our own emanations and it's not noticeable.  I recently worked with a 67 year old who would get out of bed and come straight to work.  You could tell by the smell.  When I would ask if his water had been cut off, he would look at me with a strange look.  When I would elaborate on him not bathing, he would get a stupid look on his face.  He didn't get it because he couldn't smell himself.  But he never said he takes a shower every morning. 

Another 74 year old at work overdoes it with loud floral cologne that smells like a New Orleans hooker, but you can still smell the underlying BO and urine.  When I say something to him, he says I'm full of sheet.  I try to tell him when people can smell you coming, you're wearing too much perfume.  30 minutes after he leaves the dept, I can still smell him.

You would think if you don't bathe before work, and a coworker says something about it without having been told you didn't, that person would start bathing before work.  You would be wrong.

I've come to believe a person is nose blind to their own funk.

I work among ER nurses, who are, to an individual, pretty keen on personal hygiene. That stated, many of our patients are NOT.  Pigs seem happy in their mire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I work among ER nurses, who are, to an individual, pretty keen on personal hygiene. That stated, many of our patients are NOT.  Pigs seem happy in their mire.

We don't deliver, normally, the best humanity has to offer. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:10 PM, holyjohnson said:

the Strawberry`s with the Strawberry Dress is Great!

Yeah.  That picture just makes me smile.  These day's we need some sunshine like that.

My daughter has the uncanny ability to say something that makes me think.  She is so perceptive, understanding, and seems to have a wisdom far greater than her age of eleven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2