WOW ~ I just received a call from myself

pipedreams

Twice today I got a call and it showed my name and number, pretty good didn't know I could call myself.  Ignored the first one, decided to answer the 2nd.  A recorded ladies voice telling me they had been trying to contact me since my IP was no loner safe to use. Didn't listen to the rest, hung up.  Wonder how many will fall for getting a call from themselves. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Your future-self violated the space/time continuum just to warn you that microsoft was selling access to your ip address' internet history?

Enjoy outrunning the terminators.

14 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Wonder how many will fall for getting a call from themselves. ?

You did.  Your "live" phone number was instantly and automatically sold to thousands of other 'bots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Twice today I got a call and it showed my name and number, pretty good didn't know I could call myself.  Ignored the first one, decided to answer the 2nd.  A recorded ladies voice telling me they had been trying to contact me since my IP was no loner safe to use. Didn't listen to the rest, hung up.  Wonder how many will fall for getting a call from themselves. ?

BTDT. tom. :cowboy2:

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

That number may be higher than you'd think.  We have people screaming to regulate and control rights delineated in the Bill of Rights.  These people want a tyrant, in the belief that a tyrant would ignore liberals claims for control and favor them. 

They have no idea the a tyrant suppresses any and all those that dare speak of anything the tyrant hasn't approved of beforehand.  Any overt acts are suppressed by tyrants, even liberals actions.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

Those are doppelgänger calls. When you get one, it means your phone will be dead within twenty-four hours. There are ghosts in the machines, man. I don't think they like us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Twice today I got a call and it showed my name and number, pretty good didn't know I could call myself.  Ignored the first one, decided to answer the 2nd.  A recorded ladies voice telling me they had been trying to contact me since my IP was no loner safe to use. Didn't listen to the rest, hung up.  Wonder how many will fall for getting a call from themselves. [emoji54]

I’ve gotten a few calls from myself. Unusual because I normally argue with myself privately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was cussing and swearing loudly at my desk one day.  This went on for a few minutes until the Director Of Research walked over to see who was so stupid that it caused this reaction from me.

He asked politely, who the idiot was that I was cussing out.  I looked at him and with a straight face, I said "I was the one that did this stupid thing, and I can't see any reason or excuse for it".

As usual, he just shook his head and went back to his office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had to call my city's Inspection Department this morning to cover my ass.  Yesterday evening around 6 PM, I got a phone call from a person claiming to be my city Inspection department.  He insisted on "inspecting your house" and gave me a time and day that he would be there.  I was expected to accommodate him.

I had some very harsh words with him and told him that he should perform a personal inspection of a lower orifice and stay there for a while.  Then I blocked his number.

We had a severe storm and I experienced about $20,000 in property damage. As long as I was having all the repairs done, I put $13,000 more of my money to replace and improve various appliances and outbuildings on my property.

I have been hammered by calls from people wanting to "inspect my house and property" to see if there was some way that they could take money from my insurance company at my expense.  The damn phone hasn't stopped ringing for a week now.

Anyway, I had to call the inspection department and make sure I hadn't told my city inspection department where to go in a most unseeming manner.

They "doubted" that one of their inspectors would call at such an hour.  So I think we are good and the chances of my being the object of a witch hunt and being burned at the "city stake" are unfounded.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2