Sociology of the Men's room

blueiron

I've noticed increasing numbers of males using the stalls in the men's room while urinating. Even if no one else is in the rest room, they decline to use a urinal. 

While I work in government, I've noticed it also occurring in academia and friends that I've spoken to about this curious phenomena are also noticing it in other areas of life; retail, business, etc

My time in the service scrubbed bare any notion of personal embarrassment and while many want privacy, most public restrooms are set up for privacy. 

While it isn't a critical issue some of the time, having someone occupying a stall for a 60 to 90 second squirt can seem like hours when one has had a filling lunch and a fiber filled breakfast.  

Edited by blueiron
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do as well at rest areas

it was a thing not lag ago for bad guys to wait in a stall for an opportunity of one man at a urinal alone in the bathroom and rush him, pinning his arms and taking the wallet from his back pocket.

Chicago, and Toll Road rest areas were bad for it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I admit to "messing" with guys, by taking a urinal that forces them to be next to another man, or messing up the pattern of guy, open, guy open.  It seems that men are easy to fluster when it comes to bathroom activities.  I really don't give a damn!

The feminists would find the concept of "Masculine Toxicity" hilarious if they knew the unwritten code of the male urinals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

it was a thing not lag ago for bad guys to wait in a stall for an opportunity of one man at a urinal alone in the bathroom and rush him, pinning his arms and taking the wallet from his back pocket.

I always pee in the sink,  so I can watch who's coming from behind in the mirror.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I hit a stall if one is available. I'd prefer someone not walk up behind me and rob my wallet or pistol while I have my junk out.

I take the far right urinal, so my pistol is shielded by my body. I can draw strong handed, while peeing left handed. Next to a wall is even better.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

I take the far right urinal, so my pistol is shielded by my body. I can draw strong handed, while peeing left handed. Next to a wall is even better.

I'm right handed but I don't think I can pee left handed.  No wonder no one wants to shoot my guns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I'm right handed but I don't think I can pee left handed.  No wonder no one wants to shoot my guns.

I shoot left handed..  I'll take all your unwanted firearms......

Dave...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, blueiron said:

I've noticed increasing numbers of males using the stalls in the men's room while urinating. Even if no one else is in the rest room, they decline to use a urinal. 

While I work in government, I've noticed it also occurring in academia and friends that I've spoken to about this curious phenomena are also noticing it in other areas of life; retail, business, etc

My time in the service scrubbed bare any notion of personal embarrassment and while many want privacy, most public restrooms are set up for privacy. 

While it isn't a critical issue some of the time, having someone occupying a stall for a 60 to 90 second squirt can seem like hours when one has had a filling lunch and a fiber filled breakfast.  

Stalls? In the Army? Not when I was TDY.

I can't remember the last time I "dropped a deuce" in a public bathroom. I'll often use a stall to "drain the main vein" because I flip the seat up and flush with my foot/shoe. That way I don't to touch anything I don't have to.

• Like 1

I always use the urinal and I also superman pose about 3 feet back from the pot and grinning.

i don't spill a drop.....

yes,I too have. Noticed the beta-fication of men today I was amazed the last time I went to the state fair and saw people turn around and leave the restroom because of the trough 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I piss in the parking lot. Usually on a foreign car.

Me too, but I don't single out foreign cars. That would be racist.

I look for cars with Hillary, Bernie, or Beto bumper stickers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1