Old Pictures

Eric

27 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I've done 109 on the salt with my 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU ... lol.

IMG_0607.jpg

So you know.

Know the surreal feeling of driving at speed on salt with no visible indicator of how fast you are going. Just the white blur below you and mountains in distance that don’t seem to get any closer.

It is a strange feeling and drivers need to experience it for themselves. Different from any other racing experience. If it summer and the salt is dry (do not drive on it if it’s wet) and it’s not being used for sanctioned events, anyone can drive the course.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Batesmotel said:

So you know.

Know the surreal feeling of driving at speed on salt with no visible indicator of how fast you are going. Just the white blur below you and mountains in distance that don’t seem to get any closer.

It is a strange feeling and drivers need to experience it for themselves. Different from any other racing experience. If it summer and the salt is dry (do not drive on it if it’s wet) and it’s not being used for sanctioned events, anyone can drive the course.

It is surreal ... to be driving as fast as the vehicle will go and not be visibly moving. The salt was dry when we were there luckily but as you can tell, the area was very foggy, or smoky in this case. This was in 2018, I believe, we were on our way back from California, when a good portion of California was on fire, Yosemite was closed and the smoke was visible more than half way across the US.

• Like 4

Portland, Oregon, 1939...

Woodpiles along the street are a characteristic of Portland, Oregon. Costs five dollars and fifty cents per cord,

and must be hauled thirty-five miles. (Shows homeowner on porch.) Portland, Oregon...

image.jpeg.4845f5f76479efa14f3e8ff04cb5fb0a.jpeg

• Like 6

On 3/25/2024 at 7:26 AM, pipedreams said:

Portland, Oregon, 1939...

Woodpiles along the street are a characteristic of Portland, Oregon. Costs five dollars and fifty cents per cord,

and must be hauled thirty-five miles. (Shows homeowner on porch.) Portland, Oregon...

image.jpeg.4845f5f76479efa14f3e8ff04cb5fb0a.jpeg

Notice the length that firewood was cut.  

That dude has a real fireplace in his house!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

My guess is it was cut to fit a wood fired boiler in the basement.

That is a possibility.  I just recall my wifes grandfathers house. It had a fireplace wide enough to roast a full sized pig in.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jmohme said:

That is a possibility.  I just recall my wifes grandfathers house. It had a fireplace wide enough to roast a full sized pig in.

I just get tired thinking someone has to lug all that inside. 

• Like 2