Old Pictures

Eric

4 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

My pediatrician smoked during exams 

My dad a SURGEON smoked while telling his patients not to...he quit after 2nd heart attack, but only lived to 69....I hardly smoked up to 35, and have reached the ripe old age of just 89th birthday     GULP   

Unbelievable that so many people still smoke

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DAKA said:

My dad a SURGEON smoked while telling his patients not to...he quit after 2nd heart attack, but only lived to 69....I hardly smoked up to 35, and have reached the ripe old age of just 89th birthday     GULP   

I just lost a dear friend. Beat lung cancer from smoking. But the radiation damage to his heart got him last week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

e5ae489920919f40.jpeg.e5ed924f76eb4b3eac5db578aaedcba5.jpeg

My father was in his 60's when I was 12 years old.  He didn't like to drive so he gave me the car and keys to drive myself or the family.  I used to drive a 46 Chrysler all over and as the ad says, 500 miles each Summer to visit with his family in Illinois.  I liked driving and would "hook" onto a Consolidated Freightways truck around the Wisconsin Dells and he would lead my down the highway almost to my destination at 70 miles an hour.  Truckers then were the best friends a car driver could have.  Lawyers fucked that up!

I learned to drive around 10 years old in a 42 Packard Clipper w/overdrive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

I remember obese doctors telling patients to lose weight also.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, pipedreams said:

b630f8feb6796693.webp.0e77dc96df7d1ad6ce0fc89d76ebc119.webp

It's not so much that authoritarians are often wrong in the positions they take. It's their conviction in their own infallibility which allows no dissent, even when we have examples of their their mistakes in  living memory. Add to that the inevitable corruption that follows authoritarianism and you get a pot full of something you may not want. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

It's not so much that authoritarians are often wrong in the positions they take. It's their conviction in their own infallibility which allows no dissent, even when we have examples of their their mistakes in  living memory. Add to that the inevitable corruption that follows authoritarianism and you get a pot full of something you**** may not want. 

**** MAY not want ? 

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2024 at 6:38 AM, gwalchmai said:

It's not so much that authoritarians are often wrong in the positions they take. It's their conviction in their own infallibility which allows no dissent, even when we have examples of their their mistakes in  living memory. Add to that the inevitable corruption that follows authoritarianism and you get a pot full of something you may not want. 

Many years ago I was in the hospital recovering from an operation. I shared the room with a guy that had one lung removed from Lung Cancer, they said it was from smoking.

He had family in one day and they all stood around his bed smoking, soon they had him smoking too.  People are pathetic examples of intelligent life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2